Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Seeking Cruise Companion
Register Forgot Password?

Seeking Cruise Companion For people looking for share cruise expenses as roommates. Sexual or suggestives posts will be deleted.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 29th, 2013, 09:37 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Anyone interested in cruising up the Pac/NW to Alaska?

Hello all - I'm looking into a cruise from LA and/or Seattle to Vancouver/AK next month in May, starting next week. Norwegian and Princess have some terrific rates right now for cruises from LA up the pac-coast ($99-$129) to Seattle or Vancouver, then to AK ($299-$399). I'm a cruise-ship-virgin feeling the brevity of life...or I'm having a mid-life crisis, but at any rate I'm working on my bucket list. However, I just discovered the dreaded "single supplement" charge. Since when is going solo such a crime? Ugh, talk about price gouging. I'd like to cut down on my expenses, so I thought I'd throw three sheets to the wind here and see what turns up.

About me...I'm a non-smoking/seldom-drinking female writer in my 40's with an adventurous mind, body and spirit of a 20 yr-old...very down-to-earth, easy-going, don't sweat the petty s**t. I laugh - a lot. If you can manage to find the humor in the worst case scenarios, we'll get along just fine. Respectful of others and all living creatures, I believe in karma and live by the proverbial 'Golden Rule.' I'm very tolerant of all kinds of people, but have an aversion to shallow, rude or unkind people. I feel much too young to play bingo with the sedate retirement crowd, but too mature to even attempt to pull an all-nighter. I'm pretty balanced, and fall somewhere in the middle between the two extremes.

I'm not looking for a BFF, conjoined at the hip for a week. I'd like to find a compatible cabin mate that hopefully I (or you) wont want to throw overboard before the ship pulls into port. If we click, great. I have no intentions, much less expect anyone to want, or feel obligated to be my shipboard companion for the entire duration of a trip. We can share some meals...or take in a show...whatever, as well as do our own thing. If not? Then...then I suppose we spend as little time in proximity, to avoid those awkward silent moments. Not a big deal. I'm very independent and thoroughly enjoy my alone-time, so if were not all copacetic, that's totally fine too. At best, maybe we'll become friends (and future ship-mate roomies,) and at worst? we both saved ourselves a butt-load of money.

So--any takers? Sane, friendly, honest, non-felonious persons with no criminal history, males (preferably gay) or females, in late 20's to 40's, please reply.
Sponsored Links
Old April 30th, 2013, 12:31 PM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SoCalGal View Post
Hello all - I'm looking into a cruise from LA and/or Seattle to Vancouver/AK next month in May, starting next week. Norwegian and Princess have some terrific rates right now for cruises from LA up the pac-coast ($99-$129) to Seattle or Vancouver, then to AK ($299-$399). I'm a cruise-ship-virgin feeling the brevity of life...or I'm having a mid-life crisis, but at any rate I'm working on my bucket list. However, I just discovered the dreaded "single supplement" charge. Since when is going solo such a crime? Ugh, talk about price gouging. I'd like to cut down on my expenses, so I thought I'd throw three sheets to the wind here and see what turns up.

About me...I'm a non-smoking/seldom-drinking female writer in my 40's with an adventurous mind, body and spirit of a 20 yr-old...very down-to-earth, easy-going, don't sweat the petty s**t. I laugh - a lot. If you can manage to find the humor in the worst case scenarios, we'll get along just fine. Respectful of others and all living creatures, I believe in karma and live by the proverbial 'Golden Rule.' I'm very tolerant of all kinds of people, but have an aversion to shallow, rude or unkind people. I feel much too young to play bingo with the sedate retirement crowd, but too mature to even attempt to pull an all-nighter. I'm pretty balanced, and fall somewhere in the middle between the two extremes.

I'm not looking for a BFF, conjoined at the hip for a week. I'd like to find a compatible cabin mate that hopefully I (or you) wont want to throw overboard before the ship pulls into port. If we click, great. I have no intentions, much less expect anyone to want, or feel obligated to be my shipboard companion for the entire duration of a trip. We can share some meals...or take in a show...whatever, as well as do our own thing. If not? Then...then I suppose we spend as little time in proximity, to avoid those awkward silent moments. Not a big deal. I'm very independent and thoroughly enjoy my alone-time, so if were not all copacetic, that's totally fine too. At best, maybe we'll become friends (and future ship-mate roomies,) and at worst? we both saved ourselves a butt-load of money.

So--any takers? Sane, friendly, honest, non-felonious persons with no criminal history, males (preferably gay) or females, in late 20's to 40's, please reply.
Hi,

Saw your post about single supplement - it hurts. I have a cruise going out of Seattle to Alaska on the Princess Star leaving 8 June - 7 days. I have an inside cabin I booked and would not mind sharing to reduce the fair. I am a 72 yo retired Healthcare exec that enjoys cruising. Easy to get along with and also agree that we do not need to be joined at the hip. I use the cabin to sleep/change/and relax from time to time. I enjoy getting out and staying active.

Good luck in finding the right fit in cruise partner.

Bob
Old May 1st, 2013, 01:23 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Hiya Bob, thanks for the reply. I'm very flexible with time/dates, and as much as I need a cabin roomie, I have my sights set on the cruise deals in May due to their rock bottom prices. Unfortunately, I'm on a very very tight budget - I'm even worried about what other hidden fees or taxes I'm gonna be surprised with when it's all tallied up. :L
Old May 1st, 2013, 02:23 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Hello So.CalGal,
I am interested in Alaska cruise. I live outside of Seattle, however I am 62, w/f, newly retired. I am very active, do not look 62, so send me message if you do not find anyone your age.
Mary Anne
Old May 2nd, 2013, 05:42 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Hi Mary Anne - thank you for the reply. I was looking at the Star Princess 5/18-5/25, the Norwegian Jewel 5/18-5/25 and the Norwegian Pearl 5/19-5/26. If any of those dates/cruises tickle your fancy, PM me.