CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Seeking Cruise Companion (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/seeking-cruise-companion/)
-   -   possible share May 25 Vancouver to Alaska (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/seeking-cruise-companion/395922-possible-share-may-25-vancouver-alaska.html)

civilsid May 3rd, 2013 10:46 PM

possible share May 25 Vancouver to Alaska

Hi everyone...

I have signed up as a single for 14 nights from Vancouver to Anchorage and back, see VTG #24362. I may consider a room mate. Since this is a full 2 weeks, we both really need to make sure we get along OK. I would Much rather pay extra and have the peace of my own stateroom instead of getting stuck with a lousy roomie.

I am 38, divorced, straight guy, 5'-7" tall, 160 lbs, civil engineer and real estate investor. I like to go to the shows after dinner and also hit the piano bar, karaoke, whatever is going on at night. I am athletically inclined so someone that can help me keep motivated to hit the gym, run some laps, and avoid the elevators would be a plus. Other than working out and being on the ocean, I also enjoy motorcycles, trying to learn spanish, and exploring the world.

This cruise will bring my total nights at sea to 60. I have sailed Carnival, NCL, HAL and now Princess. I have sailed alone 2 times and have had 3 previous room mates. 2 were great and one was rotten. This cruise is in an inside cabin. I do not smoke at all and I have never been accused of snoring loudly. I have been accused of telling bad jokes that only an engineer would find to be funny. I do not spend much time in the room except for sleeping and I am a reasonably neat and clean person but I may want to hang my swim shorts in the shower. During the day I enjoy people watching, hanging out in the hot tub, playing the goofy trivia games and of course something fitness related even though exercise rooms on cruise ships tend to lack a lot of the things I prefer.

Also, it may be possible to do a partial split so if you want to sail 7 days to Alaska and not make the return voyage (or vice versa) that may also be considered.

civilsid May 8th, 2013 09:20 PM

friendly bump up... I know odds are slim to find a compatible roomie but thought I should try one last time.

shakalakanow May 13th, 2013 10:13 PM

Hi there.

I might be interested in joining you for the full cruise. I'm a 28 year old straight male, former software engineer, and generally easy going sort of guy. I also happen to be a real estate investor, for what that is worth, though I am happy to leave work behind when I travel. I've been on 3 cruises, all with NCL, and I'm interested to check out Princess.

Feel free to send me a private message if you want to get to know more about me.