Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Seeking Cruise Companion
Register Forgot Password?

Seeking Cruise Companion For people looking for share cruise expenses as roommates. Sexual or suggestives posts will be deleted.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 3rd, 2013, 10:46 PM
Familiar Face

Default possible share May 25 Vancouver to Alaska

Hi everyone...

I have signed up as a single for 14 nights from Vancouver to Anchorage and back, see VTG #24362. I may consider a room mate. Since this is a full 2 weeks, we both really need to make sure we get along OK. I would Much rather pay extra and have the peace of my own stateroom instead of getting stuck with a lousy roomie.

I am 38, divorced, straight guy, 5'-7" tall, 160 lbs, civil engineer and real estate investor. I like to go to the shows after dinner and also hit the piano bar, karaoke, whatever is going on at night. I am athletically inclined so someone that can help me keep motivated to hit the gym, run some laps, and avoid the elevators would be a plus. Other than working out and being on the ocean, I also enjoy motorcycles, trying to learn spanish, and exploring the world.

This cruise will bring my total nights at sea to 60. I have sailed Carnival, NCL, HAL and now Princess. I have sailed alone 2 times and have had 3 previous room mates. 2 were great and one was rotten. This cruise is in an inside cabin. I do not smoke at all and I have never been accused of snoring loudly. I have been accused of telling bad jokes that only an engineer would find to be funny. I do not spend much time in the room except for sleeping and I am a reasonably neat and clean person but I may want to hang my swim shorts in the shower. During the day I enjoy people watching, hanging out in the hot tub, playing the goofy trivia games and of course something fitness related even though exercise rooms on cruise ships tend to lack a lot of the things I prefer.

Also, it may be possible to do a partial split so if you want to sail 7 days to Alaska and not make the return voyage (or vice versa) that may also be considered.
HAL Zaandam- Mex Riviera 04/2013
NCL Jewel- Panama 05/2012
Carnival Splendor 10/2011
NCL Spirit 03/2011
Carnival Freedom 11/2010
Sponsored Links
Old May 8th, 2013, 09:20 PM
Familiar Face

friendly bump up... I know odds are slim to find a compatible roomie but thought I should try one last time.
HAL Zaandam- Mex Riviera 04/2013
NCL Jewel- Panama 05/2012
Carnival Splendor 10/2011
NCL Spirit 03/2011
Carnival Freedom 11/2010
Old May 13th, 2013, 10:13 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Hi there.

I might be interested in joining you for the full cruise. I'm a 28 year old straight male, former software engineer, and generally easy going sort of guy. I also happen to be a real estate investor, for what that is worth, though I am happy to leave work behind when I travel. I've been on 3 cruises, all with NCL, and I'm interested to check out Princess.

Feel free to send me a private message if you want to get to know more about me.