Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Seeking Cruise Companion
Register Forgot Password?

Seeking Cruise Companion For people looking for share cruise expenses as roommates. Sexual or suggestives posts will be deleted.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 20th, 2013, 03:37 PM
Familiar Face

Arrow Female seeking cruise mate

I want to take some cruises, but being single makes it very expensive and not as much fun. I am open to travelling almost anywhere, and do require some notice as I have a child in school. I prefer to leave from a port in TX or CA because I live in CO & KS. About me: I am clean, organized, prompt, and courteous. I am a light sleeper so I hope I can sleep on a ship. I am widowed and am comfortable travelling with a male or female of any age.
Sponsored Links
Old May 20th, 2013, 03:38 PM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREENEYEDLADI View Post
I want to take some cruises, but being single makes it very expensive and not as much fun. I am open to travelling almost anywhere, and do require some notice as I have a child in school. I prefer to leave from a port in TX or CA because I live in CO & KS. About me: I am clean, organized, prompt, and courteous. I am a light sleeper so I hope I can sleep on a ship. I am widowed and am comfortable travelling with a male or female of any age.
Old May 20th, 2013, 06:46 PM
Familiar Face

Please feel free to keep me in mind. I have already booked my Fall cruise to Alaska, but I hope to be able to do another cruise come Feb-May timeframe. You can probably find my earlier post about cruising.

I am open to pretty much all reasonably priced cruises.
Old May 20th, 2013, 07:00 PM
Welcome Newcomer

last min cruise this weekend May 25th June 1st Carnival Liberty from Miami $525 pp tx incl,, call for more info 727 329 9174. also giving way $50 ship credit for a cabin mate referral,, thanks
Old May 21st, 2013, 04:39 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Hi GREENEYEDLADI,

I don't know what kind of notice you need but I have a cruise on June 18th or June 16th which is next month and we need 1 more female. We are a cabin of 3 and the other female backed out.

They are both amazing deals. If interested please look under the poet named: Asian-American girl seeking a cruisemate for 6/10 or 6/18 cruise from NYC

You can contact me at LL449@aol.com.
Lisa
Old May 22nd, 2013, 11:51 AM
Familiar Face

Hi, I saw you post and thought I would ask. I have booked a cruise for Nov10-24 ( returning the Sun before Thanksgiving). It is a Transatlantic, Barcelona to Galveston, and really a great deal. Only $550 for 14 days. You would have to figure out travel to Barcelona (approx 530 from major airports). Thought I would ask.

Anna
Old May 22nd, 2013, 11:59 AM
Familiar Face

This looks like it would be a great cruise. Can you send me a link of the itinerary. Thanks
Old May 22nd, 2013, 02:15 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Quote:
I have a Cruise booked on HAL Eurodam on 12/01/2013 and my family can't make it that week so I am going solo for right now, it leaves out of Fort Lauderdale, FL and I also have a hotel booked for the night before. Please post if it interests you.
Old May 22nd, 2013, 04:18 PM
Familiar Face

Default Nov 10 Transatlantic

Quote:
This looks like it would be a great cruise. Can you send me a link of the itinerary. Thanks
Hi, I hope you are asking about the cruise I mentioned, 14 nite Transatlantic, Barcelona to Galveston. I can send you the itinerary if I have your email. I don't know how to link to here.

The cruise departs Barcelona on Nov 10th, stops in Cadiz, Spain, then Funchal Portugal, then many days at sea on the crossing, then Nassau, Bahamas, arriving in Galveston Sun Nov 24th.

A little about me. I am married, with a 24 year old daughter. Non smoker, light drinker, live in California. I like the beach, dancing, the outdoors and cruising. I consider myself an experienced cruiser, as I have been on 13 cruises and visited 44 ports. I recently completed the eastbound TA on Navigator (4/6-4/21) , New Orleans to Rome. Enjoyed it so much, I want to do the reverse. My husband cannot join me so looking for a cruisemate.

I spend very little time in the cabin... Sleeping, changing clothes and getting ready for dinner. Maybe an afternoon nap.

If you can quote to my post, it will be easier for me to find. Thanks

Anna
Old May 24th, 2013, 12:29 AM
Familiar Face

I check flights from DIA and a flight will cost me nearly $1600, so I must decline.
Old May 24th, 2013, 12:38 AM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by junebug3751 View Post
Hi, I saw you post and thought I would ask. I have booked a cruise for Nov10-24 ( returning the Sun before Thanksgiving). It is a Transatlantic, Barcelona to Galveston, and really a great deal. Only $550 for 14 days. You would have to figure out travel to Barcelona (approx 530 from major airports). Thought I would ask.

Anna
I thought it looked like we would be a good match for a cruise, but a one way flight from Denver to Barcelona is almost $1700.
Old May 24th, 2013, 01:26 AM
First Mate

hi greeneyedladi,

Have you considered a Panama Canal cruise? There are 2 Norwegian ships, one Disney and one Celebrity ship going between Los Angeles and either Miami or Galveston in the fall for 14 night trips, for as low as $70 per night, inside rate. You could get a two legged flight from your home airport to LA and then back from New Orleans or FL pretty reasonably I think.

***edited to remove commercial links***

I'm not really looking to cruise myself any time in particular, but that would be a trip I'd like to do, so if that looks good and "doable" to you, we can chat about it. Canada and New England is another nice spot I'd like to cruise sometime also.

Jun2009-Alaska - Celebrity Mercury@ Vancouver
Dec2009-Mex&C.A.-NCL Spirit @ NOLA
Mar2010-Aru&Cura-HA WesterdamDam @ Ft. Lau
Dec2010-Caribb- MSC Poesia @ Ft. Lau
Dec2011-S. Caribb- Emerald Princess@Ft Lau
Apr2012-Bahamas- CCL Fascination@ Jacksville
Jan2013-E Caribbean- RC Brilliance @ San Juan,PR
ApMay'13-VolgaRiver-MS Chaikovsky-Rostov to Moscow
Old May 24th, 2013, 11:23 AM
Familiar Face

Good Morning,
I have an Alaskan cruise June 3 thru June 17 leaving Vancouver BC
returning to Vancouver BC. The Ship is NCL Sun , oceanview cabin
E-mail to jam97011@frontier.com Thank You Jim Monroe
Old May 24th, 2013, 11:48 AM
Familiar Face

Default FLight Cost to Barcelona over $1100 less than you think.

Quote:
I thought it looked like we would be a good match for a cruise, but a one way flight from Denver to Barcelona is almost $1700.
Hi again,
Not sure how you are searching for flights exactly, but I can find about 15 flights from Denver to Barcelona for under $570, using the Royal Caribbean Choice Air program. Just thought I would let you know.

Anna
Old May 24th, 2013, 01:41 PM
First Mate

Wow ! Did not realize the cruise lines had such good deals on air.

Thanks Junebug for reminding us to check with the cruise lines for one-way flights to match up with TransAtlantic cruises. I may have to reconsider doing, a repo- cruise even though 5 days with no land in site is still not my idea of fun trip.
Old May 24th, 2013, 02:29 PM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by ednotmilkman View Post
Wow ! Did not realize the cruise lines had such good deals on air.

Thanks Junebug for reminding us to check with the cruise lines for one-way flights to match up with TransAtlantic cruises. I may have to reconsider doing, a repo- cruise even though 5 days with no land in site is still not my idea of fun trip.
You might be surprised how much fun the repos are. I just returned from my first, 15 days NOLA to Rome. Couldn't have have more fun onboard. So many things to do. I might add that for these trips, big ships with lots going on is a good thing. Took the Navigator across and booked another ( westbound this time...love the 25 hours days vs 23) in Nov.
Anna
Old May 24th, 2013, 02:42 PM
Familiar Face

Hey Green Eyed Lady-
I also looked at other flight search engines and found many possiblilies for around $800, for flights from Denver to Barcelona. Not sure how you are searching, but you may want to look at other search engines. Best deal, though is the Choice Air at $534.
Old May 25th, 2013, 03:28 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Hi!

I'm planning a Med cruise (Spain, France, Monaco, Italy, Greece, Montenegro, Croatia) and seeking for cruisemate to share a cabin (Holland America Line, Nieuw Amsterdam). Cruise dates are 25 July - 7 August. I'm from former USSR and have poor English. Sorry about it )

If this idea is interesting for you please be free to ask me any questions. We also can make a skype call.

Aiko

Last edited by Maila; May 25th, 2013 at 04:32 AM.
Old May 25th, 2013, 01:30 PM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by junebug3751 View Post
Hi again,
Not sure how you are searching for flights exactly, but I can find about 15 flights from Denver to Barcelona for under $570, using the Royal Caribbean Choice Air program. Just thought I would let you know.

Anna
I have never been on a cruise, so I am inexperienced regarding looking up one way flights. I am very interested in this trip. Please email me at michelemessages@gmail.com. I tried to look up the flight info, but was unable to navigate the web site.
Old May 25th, 2013, 01:42 PM
Familiar Face

Default Let's talk and plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ednotmilkman View Post
hi greeneyedladi,

Have you considered a Panama Canal cruise? There are 2 Norwegian ships, one Disney and one Celebrity ship going between Los Angeles and either Miami or Galveston in the fall for 14 night trips, for as low as $70 per night, inside rate. You could get a two legged flight from your home airport to LA and then back from New Orleans or FL pretty reasonably I think.

***edited to remove commercial links***

I'm not really looking to cruise myself any time in particular, but that would be a trip I'd like to do, so if that looks good and "doable" to you, we can chat about it. Canada and New England is another nice spot I'd like to cruise sometime also.
I see you are experienced cruiser, I am new and that is why I need help from an experienced cruiser such as yourself. I am interested in going to Panama, Canada or anywhere. I really.want to go to Europe in the future. Please email me at michelemessages@gmail.com
Old May 26th, 2013, 01:14 AM
First Mate

I'm not really sure, but I think it's best not to put your e-mail out for the whole web world to see. You're apt to get spammers who take your e-mail address and then send out all kinds of junk in your name. A bit late for that now though.

To be honest, I enjoy chatting and planning for trips, even reading about other people's trips as much or more than the actual trip. I really do get bored with the cruise after a few days sometimes.

I'll send you an e-mail greeneyed
Old May 27th, 2013, 08:08 AM
Familiar Face

Hi my name is Jillian, your ad sounds fantastic. I am a 62 year old Australian women travelling around the USA on an 8 weeks holiday with my son and daughter in law and I have decided that I also want to experience a cruise to the Caribbean while I am on that side of the world. The cruise I have selected is the Royal Caribbean cruise to the South Caribbean leaving San Juan on the 24th August for 7 days. I would like to find a cruise partner to share costs as well as friendship. Please let me know if this interests you. Kind regards, Jillian
Old May 27th, 2013, 12:32 PM
Welcome Newcomer

I will cruise with you out of florida. Steven
Old May 28th, 2013, 04:16 PM
Familiar Face

I prefer winter trips from FL
Old May 28th, 2013, 04:20 PM
Familiar Face

I like planning too. I am not into visiting the typical tourist traps nd prefer meeting locals and experiencing their culture. I have a child, almost a teen, so planning can be problematic due to her schedule. I have never "cruised" and am wondering if I will become bored on a ship for extended periods of time.
Old May 28th, 2013, 04:26 PM
Familiar Face

That won't work for me, but thank you for writing. Have a wonderful vacation.
Old May 30th, 2013, 08:52 AM
First Mate

For those concerned with the cost of one-way fares: I have found that round-trip fares are often the same, sometimes even LOWER, than one-way fares. Since I love repositioning cruises I always pick a possible future "going the other way" cruise and schedule my return flight to coincide with it. If I later get a good price on that cruise, great! If not, I could just throw away my return ticket. That's never happened yet, although I did once pay a change fee to pick up a different cruise than the one I had originally thought about.
Old June 21st, 2013, 01:14 AM
Familiar Face

I would dearly love to share a cabin with you,expenses though determine that I leave and probably return to the UK. Available from 4th July onwards.