Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Seeking Cruise Companion
Register Forgot Password?

Seeking Cruise Companion For people looking for share cruise expenses as roommates. Sexual or suggestives posts will be deleted.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 29th, 2013, 04:13 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Send a message via MSN to Helen5450
Talking Seeking F cruise mate

I am hoping to secure a cruise for the Viking River Cruise in 2014 "Waterways of the Czars". This cruise can be found on line and the cost is very reasonable per person.
It's a 13 day cruise beginning in St Petersburg Russia,

Please contact me if you are interested in this trip.
Sponsored Links
Old May 29th, 2013, 04:50 PM
First Mate

Hi Helen,

I just returned from a cruise in Russia. I might be interested in going again next year, but mainly wanted to let you know that if you are interested in the same trip, there is a much cheaper alterative. The travel agency I found books cruises on Russian owned river ships which are not as fancy as Viking, but as long as you don't need an "ADA" type ship, are healthy enough to climb stairs every day, and you don't mind sharing the ship with some Russian and other European pax, they are almost half the price with the same English speaking guides. You can look at their web site Travel All Russia and compare for yourself.

The travel agent found a possible cabinmate for me and we talked it over before deciding to do a 21 day full cruise on the Volga. That trip is only done once in the spring and again in the fall with just a few ships. The St. Petersburg to Moscow route runs all summer. I said I might be interested in your route because our cruise ship stopped in Moscow and then we went by train to St. Pet., so I have not seen the small river towns north of Uglich. I would definately not be interested in the more expensive Viking cruises however. You can read my report, as well as what some other have said about Russian river cruises on "the other cruising website" under the heading > ROLL CALLS > All River Cruise Roll Calls> Russian River Cruses - 2013

you have to go to page 14 of the thread before reading anything that I posted after getting on the ship.

This travel agency pairs the people from USA, Canada and Australia together. There were 17 of us on our ship that always ate together, had our own personal English speaking guide and went in our own bus together for the included tours. There were lots of other people from Great Britain but they were in two other tour groups so we didn't mingle with them as much.

Good luck with your travel plans and let God bless,
Edwin

Jun2009-Alaska - Celebrity Mercury@ Vancouver
Dec2009-Mex&C.A.-NCL Spirit @ NOLA
Mar2010-Aru&Cura-HA WesterdamDam @ Ft. Lau
Dec2010-Caribb- MSC Poesia @ Ft. Lau
Dec2011-S. Caribb- Emerald Princess@Ft Lau
Apr2012-Bahamas- CCL Fascination@ Jacksville
Jan2013-E Caribbean- RC Brilliance @ San Juan,PR
ApMay'13-VolgaRiver-MS Chaikovsky-Rostov to Moscow
Old May 29th, 2013, 10:25 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Send a message via MSN to Helen5450

Thanks Edwin:

I will look into the information you sent, yet don't think I am quit as adventurous for this trip offers.

Thanks
Helen