CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Seeking Cruise Companion (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/seeking-cruise-companion/)
-   -   In MD, Seeking Male Cruisemate (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/seeking-cruise-companion/397814-md-seeking-male-cruisemate.html)

Horatio July 12th, 2013 08:00 AM

In MD, Seeking Male Cruisemate

hi - retiring soon, 50s, iso athletic cabin mate to share cabin costs ... can go our separate ways or do things together, if we find common interests.

DDThebird July 12th, 2013 09:33 AM

Hi Horatio, i am searching cruise mate only to share the cost. I bought many cruises to share for september, october, december 2013 and march 2014. If you want more info contact me : andrelassonde@icloud.com

Dobie Gillis July 14th, 2013 11:51 AM

Sep or Oct 2013

Andre,
Any of your trips out of FL? I'm looking to split a cabin for a Sep or Oct cruise.

arontheradio July 23rd, 2013 10:52 AM

Am retired SWSM, spry, early 70's, non smoker. Experienced cruiser, easygoing, I don't snore. Like to cruise to Caribbean out of Manhattan. email: arontheradio@optonline.net or call 609 890-9007

vprice July 24th, 2013 11:57 AM

cruise companion for a brother in law

My wife and I are looking for someone to share a cabin with my brother in law (40, straight) who is visiting us from Europe in September 2013. We are thinking of an inexpensive 7 day Caribbean cruise departing either 2nd or 4th week in September. Bermuda or Bahamas are also a possibility (we are in Maryland, US).
Thanks,
Val.

Horatio July 25th, 2013 06:57 PM

Can You Tell Me More about Your Brother-in-law?

thanks

ednotmilkman July 26th, 2013 10:08 PM

Good luck Horatio,

but you'd do better if you would keep only the original thread and give us a bit more detail and a glimpse into what type person you are with each reply you make to the original.

Like why not spell out what iso is ? I have an idea what it is, but why make people guess. Unless you only want to appeal to txters and tweeters.

The biggest thing lacking of course is where you'd consider going, how long and in what price range.

Then, why would you care if you get an athletic cabin mate when you said, "can go our separate ways or do things together, if we find common interests." ?? Responding publicly to one of the posters who have already replied with a personal question "Can You Tell Me More about Your Brother-in-law?" also makes it sound like you are going to be the "picky" one.

Edwin

Horatio July 27th, 2013 04:32 AM

Cabin Mate

It's nice to get a better idea of one's cabin mate beforehand, recognizing it's just a bit of personal information about oneself.

This process is all random, unless one can put some structure to it.

vprice July 29th, 2013 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Horatio (Post 1480307)

thanks

Horatio,
Yury, my brother-in-law, is a professional musician in Russia, recently divorced, has two daughters (obviously they are not traveling with him). He is a nice easy going guy, speaks only rudimentary English, but it wouldn't really matter because he will spend most of the time with my family (on the same ship) so you will hardly see him. We are particularly considering a Caribbean 7 day cruise out of San Juan, Carnaval Valor either Sep 22 or Sep 8. Yury is an accomplished free diver (and snorkeler) so we are looking for a cruise with the maximum ports that are good for that sort of thing.
Thanks,
Val.

arontheradio July 30th, 2013 08:31 AM

:-PAm divorced WSM, active, early 70's, easy going, non smoker, non snorer. Will cruise Caribbean out of Manhattan and NJ. Experienced cruiser.
email: arontheradio@optonline.net or call 609 890-9007

ruthlessboss July 30th, 2013 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ednotmilkman (Post 1480471)
Good luck Horatio,

but you'd do better if you would keep only the original thread and give us a bit more detail and a glimpse into what type person you are with each reply you make to the original.

Like why not spell out what iso is ? I have an idea what it is, but why make people guess. Unless you only want to appeal to txters and tweeters.

The biggest thing lacking of course is where you'd consider going, how long and in what price range.

Then, why would you care if you get an athletic cabin mate when you said, "can go our separate ways or do things together, if we find common interests." ?? Responding publicly to one of the posters who have already replied with a personal question "Can You Tell Me More about Your Brother-in-law?" also makes it sound like you are going to be the "picky" one.

Edwin

And, from what port. There are so many from north to south.:roll:

Horatio August 6th, 2013 09:52 PM

not interested in critics, or attempt at "psychoanalysis" :roll:

suggest being positive ...

ruthlessboss August 7th, 2013 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Horatio (Post 1481509)
not interested in critics, or attempt at "psychoanalysis" :roll:

suggest being positive ...

We suggest you provide a little more information about your wants and yourself. That would be a positive thing.
Basically, all you've said is you are wanting a cabinmate.rofl

Horatio August 7th, 2013 09:06 PM

Feedback

thanks ... I figured more about me would be said via private email, not in public threads.

ruthlessboss August 8th, 2013 05:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Horatio (Post 1481586)
thanks ... I figured more about me would be said via private email, not in public threads.

Maybe that's what "you figure", but it would be courteous to give a potential responder a "starting point" as to where you want to go or from where you want to embark. Is that a secret?

Horatio August 11th, 2013 08:39 PM

Hey Know-it-all

Please don't be disparaging and don't send me any more unsolicited advise!

jcg1234 August 12th, 2013 01:38 PM

Prof wm, live in orlando, want to cruise to bahamas in Oct or Nov, 4-5 days.