CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Seeking Cruise Companion (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/seeking-cruise-companion/)
-   -   Cabinmate for Imagination - sailing in November 2013 (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/seeking-cruise-companion/398753-cabinmate-imagination-sailing-november-2013-a.html)

Cruzgurl September 12th, 2013 12:42 AM

Cabinmate for Imagination - sailing in November 2013

Hey everyone!! I'm Avril and I would love for someone to join me!! Would someone like to come with me as my cabinmate for 2 days in Miami and a B2B on the Imagination in November/December? The person I was supposed to go with can't anymore (work). The cruise and hotel are both paid in full so all you have to do is pay for your airfare. We leave for Miami on November 27th and the ship sails on the 29th (B2B part 1) and December 2nd (part 2). We come home on December 6th. We're in a grand suite (I need a balcony because I'm a smoker and those are the only ones). I love to meet new people, hang out and party on cruises!!!! Someone my age (20s-30s) would be great but I won't say no to someone older. Let me know if you're interested either on here or by email (assumptionchic@gmail.com). Thanks!!!! :D

ednotmilkman September 12th, 2013 07:48 AM

offering free cabin and hotel might be a bit too much to offer, Avril. You will have a hard time deciding who to accept I bet. Might have been better not to say that in the beginning, just be careful so you don't get a "leech" !

Edwin

ruthlessboss September 12th, 2013 08:15 AM

I'm curious. Who is WE?

Cruzgurl September 12th, 2013 02:30 PM

Me and whoever wants to come with me.

Cruzgurl September 12th, 2013 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ednotmilkman (Post 1484444)
offering free cabin and hotel might be a bit too much to offer, Avril. You will have a hard time deciding who to accept I bet. Might have been better not to say that in the beginning, just be careful so you don't get a "leech" !

Edwin

You're probably right Edwin but I don't know how else to ask. And actually, I haven't had takers (tried a couple of my cruise groups on Facebook and these boards here). :( I just don't want people to think they couldn't afford it and pass it by. We'll see what happens. Maybe I should try Cruise Critic as well (where I'm a long time member).

ednotmilkman September 12th, 2013 10:24 PM

CC doesn't allow posts "seeking cruise companions". Mods will delete one within 12 hours unless you are VERY vague about your intentions. Just keep checking in here once or twice a week to let people know you are still looking, and write like you have a brain, a sense of humor and adventure, and you should find somebody? Might even offer cabin to 2 others if it is big enough and has extra bed. Is it you or your original cabin mate that paid before having to back out? You could suggest a new mate pay a share to the person that got left behind.

ruthlessboss September 13th, 2013 06:46 AM

I think the flag goes up here, at least for me, is it's a grand suite. Not a money saving cabin for anyone and yet being posted as already paid for.
I guess it's just beyond my brain's comprehension. I'm booked on a cruise Dec 7 and struggling over the double fee for a solo in a lower class cabin.

Cruzgurl September 13th, 2013 08:55 PM

There were 2 people going. We booked early saver, and got a couple other discounts. That's how we were able to afford the grand suite and pay it off. We also booked it over a year ago so have had time to pay it off. It's not suspicious and nothing red flag worthy is going on, I assure you of that!!!! My friend just can't go anymore so I'm looking for someone to join me!!!!