Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Seeking Cruise Companion
Register Forgot Password?

Seeking Cruise Companion For people looking for share cruise expenses as roommates. Sexual or suggestives posts will be deleted.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old November 24th, 2013, 01:28 AM
Junior Member
Welcome Newcomer
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 6
Default Companion for Dec 2013 out of Florida Port

I haven't booked a cruise, so I am open to options. Looking to cruise anytime during the dates of Dec 16-Jan 2. Looking at 4-5 day cruises and trying to keep budget under $300ish (excluding taxes). I prefer to cruise out of Port Canaveral or Tampa, but under the right circumstances, I would go to another port in Florida.
I am a SWF 25 year old Grad student - holiday plans got scratched, hence the last minute cruise pick! No, we don't have to hang out all the time, and I'm honestly not sure how this works except for the fact that it is WAY more expensive to book on your own!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old November 24th, 2013, 08:08 AM
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: St. Cloud, Florida
Posts: 1,365
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaGach213 View Post
I haven't booked a cruise, so I am open to options. Looking to cruise anytime during the dates of Dec 16-Jan 2. Looking at 4-5 day cruises and trying to keep budget under $300ish (excluding taxes). I prefer to cruise out of Port Canaveral or Tampa, but under the right circumstances, I would go to another port in Florida.
I am a SWF 25 year old Grad student - holiday plans got scratched, hence the last minute cruise pick! No, we don't have to hang out all the time, and I'm honestly not sure how this works except for the fact that it is WAY more expensive to book on your own!
That's going to be a rough one for you because of the dates. There were a few no solo supplement cruises left for Dec, but saw none in that time frame. The closest was Dream, but it's for the 14th and 7 days at $379.
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old November 24th, 2013, 11:23 AM
Junior Member
Welcome Newcomer
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 6
Default

I guess I'm confused then. Is the process different for a "no solo supplement" booking? I only ask because I am able to book a cruise for 2 people with the price as advertised, so I figured I just needed to find someone else to "book" with me. Is there somewhere else I need to be looking? Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old November 24th, 2013, 11:58 AM
Senior Member
Cruise Maniac
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 114
Default 4 & 5 Day cruises on Celebrity in Dec 2013


Normally cruises ship companies charge almost double the price for one person in the cabin.However I've sailed solo many times,and if you look around sometime you can find single prices which maybe a little more then the double rate. Also most ships don't have "single" cabins,you just have the cabin to your self and you get to pay double
ie price would be $500 for a double or $1000. for the cabin $500 for each person. However I've found the rates to be lets say $750. for one person in the cabin.
Not double the price but 50% more.
I'm sure someone may explain it better than me
Right now I'm looking at a 4 and a 5 day trip on the Celebrity Constellation 12/14 and 12/19 leaving from Fort Lauderdale Both cruises seem to have good rates for solos. Less then $100. a day for your own cabin.
Ed
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old November 24th, 2013, 12:31 PM
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: St. Cloud, Florida
Posts: 1,365
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaGach213 View Post
I guess I'm confused then. Is the process different for a "no solo supplement" booking? I only ask because I am able to book a cruise for 2 people with the price as advertised, so I figured I just needed to find someone else to "book" with me. Is there somewhere else I need to be looking? Thanks!
The odds of finding a cabin share is slim whether it's on this site or friends in your private life. Sad, but true.
Not sure what you mean by you "are able to book for two". Do you mean you are able to pay for the whole cabin (the posted rate x 2) and still go by yourself?
The no supplement or reduced supplement are specials offered by a cruise line to help fill up their roster. Better 1 in a cabin than no one. As you know, or will know, a solo normally has to pay for that other bed in the cabin.
As for booking, the procedure is the same.
Watch some sites for last minute cruises. I'm suffering now over a cruise reduced at Canaveral for Dec 2 that I can't take advantage of, a 4 nighter on RCCL for $129!! That ship must be quite needy.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old November 24th, 2013, 01:19 PM
Junior Member
Welcome Newcomer
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthlessboss View Post
The odds of finding a cabin share is slim whether it's on this site or friends in your private life. Sad, but true.
Not sure what you mean by you "are able to book for two". Do you mean you are able to pay for the whole cabin (the posted rate x 2) and still go by yourself?
The no supplement or reduced supplement are specials offered by a cruise line to help fill up their roster. Better 1 in a cabin than no one. As you know, or will know, a solo normally has to pay for that other bed in the cabin.
As for booking, the procedure is the same.
Watch some sites for last minute cruises. I'm suffering now over a cruise reduced at Canaveral for Dec 2 that I can't take advantage of, a 4 nighter on RCCL for $129!! That ship must be quite needy.
I'm not able to pay for the whole room by myself, so I would like someone to split costs with me. I've booked 3 cruises previously and each time I paid in full for both of us, and then received reimbursement from my traveling companion, so I just figured I could do the same thing here since the deals in December are SO good!
If I can't find somebody from this site, I'll just take your advice and keep checking for last minute deals! Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old November 24th, 2013, 01:26 PM
Junior Member
Welcome Newcomer
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trek520 View Post
Normally cruises ship companies charge almost double the price for one person in the cabin.However I've sailed solo many times,and if you look around sometime you can find single prices which maybe a little more then the double rate. Also most ships don't have "single" cabins,you just have the cabin to your self and you get to pay double
ie price would be $500 for a double or $1000. for the cabin $500 for each person. However I've found the rates to be lets say $750. for one person in the cabin.
Not double the price but 50% more.
I'm sure someone may explain it better than me
Right now I'm looking at a 4 and a 5 day trip on the Celebrity Constellation 12/14 and 12/19 leaving from Fort Lauderdale Both cruises seem to have good rates for solos. Less then $100. a day for your own cabin.
Ed
Thank you! That makes sense. I wish it was cheaper. Those rooms are so small anyway
I've been on 3 cruises, but with a companion. We stayed together most of the time, so I always had someone to be with. How has cruising solo been in your experience?
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old November 24th, 2013, 07:10 PM
Member
Familiar Face
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Jersey Norrh Carolina
Posts: 58
Default

I love that ship
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old November 24th, 2013, 07:10 PM
Member
Familiar Face
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Jersey Norrh Carolina
Posts: 58
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trek520 View Post
Normally cruises ship companies charge almost double the price for one person in the cabin.However I've sailed solo many times,and if you look around sometime you can find single prices which maybe a little more then the double rate. Also most ships don't have "single" cabins,you just have the cabin to your self and you get to pay double
ie price would be $500 for a double or $1000. for the cabin $500 for each person. However I've found the rates to be lets say $750. for one person in the cabin.
Not double the price but 50% more.
I'm sure someone may explain it better than me
Right now I'm looking at a 4 and a 5 day trip on the Celebrity Constellation 12/14 and 12/19 leaving from Fort Lauderdale Both cruises seem to have good rates for solos. Less then $100. a day for your own cabin.
Ed
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old November 25th, 2013, 06:38 AM
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: St. Cloud, Florida
Posts: 1,365
Default

Did you forget something or just quoting a quote
Reply With Quote
  #11 (permalink)  
Old November 25th, 2013, 08:18 AM
Senior Member
Cruise Maniac
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 114
Default Solo Magach123

Hi MaGach,
When I first get on board there usually is a room where the head waiter or dinning room staff that will help you get a seat at a large table 8-10 people.
That way I get to meet other singles or couples and normally spend time on board or ashore with them. If you like to walk/jog there are also groups that plan walks around the deck on a daily basis.
Ed
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old November 30th, 2013, 10:51 PM
Junior Member
Welcome Newcomer
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 3
Default

29 F looking to keep expenses down, Tampa or Port Canaveral. Hi nice to meet you haha. My dates are similar..I am a teacher and I'm off the 21-8 so anything in between there. have you found anything promising yet?
-K
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old December 1st, 2013, 12:53 AM
Junior Member
Welcome Newcomer
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaleejay View Post
29 F looking to keep expenses down, Tampa or Port Canaveral. Hi nice to meet you haha. My dates are similar..I am a teacher and I'm off the 21-8 so anything in between there. have you found anything promising yet?
-K
Hi, there! Nice to meet you, too!
Still looking and trying to find something! Haha. I checked out dates for early January - the December ones close to Christmas are a bit expensive! There's a couple starting on January 2nd - one from Tampa and one from Port Canaveral.
The Tampa one is 4 nights traveling to Cozumel and it's Carnival - $269 for interior room and $299 for Oceanview (I have no preference since I like to be outside most of the time, anyway )
The Port Canaveral one is also Carnival, 3 nights and traveling to Nassau. It is $249 interior and $279 oceanview.
Let me know what you think!
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old December 2nd, 2013, 08:38 PM
Junior Member
Welcome Newcomer
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 1
Default

Hi,

I maybe able to swing 2nd week of December out of Lauderdale or Miami. Have you found a suitable cruise mate yet?
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old December 3rd, 2013, 05:51 PM
Junior Member
Welcome Newcomer
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 9
Default

Not exactly what you are looking for but its close, let me know if you are interested.
Royal Caribbean, Independence of the Seas, Dec 21-29, Fort Lauderdale, I'm going with a family of 7 so I a room to myself. Actual cost including taxes and gratuity is $985, I would do it for $450. I'm a male, 35, respectful and most likely be out late every night
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hi! 4-night From Florida(Miami) to Bahama, January 6-10, looking for companion. sookiejiang Seeking Cruise Companion 15 December 12th, 2013 08:39 PM
Central Florida Cruisers July 27, 2013 Dinner ~ All Welcome! Cruznut2 Chit - Chat for Cruisers 16 July 28th, 2013 07:56 AM
Central Florida Cruisers July 2013 Dinner Cruznut2 Chit - Chat for Cruisers 3 June 10th, 2013 11:21 AM
Cruise companion March 2013 sleepless380 Seeking Cruise Companion 1 December 8th, 2012 05:33 PM
Cruise companion from florida in nov PeterFLA Seeking Cruise Companion 0 October 25th, 2012 01:32 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


 

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:34 AM.
design by: Themes by Design

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1