Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Seeking Cruise Companion
Register Forgot Password?

Seeking Cruise Companion For people looking for share cruise expenses as roommates. Sexual or suggestives posts will be deleted.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 14th, 2013, 03:44 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Looking for companion Jan 19th on Carnival Legend

Hi folks,

My friend who was to go with me on this cruise has taken a new job and can't go with. So as I've used all my friends vacation days until late 2014 I'm giving this a try...

I have an extended balcony on the Carnival Legend sailing Jan 19th. It's a 7-day cruise with visits to Cozumel, Belize, Roatan Honduras, and Grand Cayman, leaving from the port of Tampa.

I am a smoker, let me say that right from the start. I am 55 years old and a Diamond member on Carnival which allows us certain perks. I have reservations for 2, and deposit paid for, at Nachi Cocom in Cozumel, and reservations to go cave tubing in Belize already made months ago. Cozumel will be crowded as there is at least 7 ships in port that day so we're covered.

I'm 6'2" with a ponytail (yanno... and old hippie). I can't dance (but I do conga if I've had enough rum). I don't do the all you can drink package as I tend to fall asleep when I try to keep up, but I do like my rum and Coke.

I'm looking for someone upbeat who does not bring lifes problems up the gangway. If you can't leave your miserable job, failed past relationships, or other problems at home please continue looking elsewhere. If I wanted grumpy I could stay home and complain. I am upbeat and love cruising.

If your interested please contact me and we can discuss it further. I have certain perks included in this trip that will make it necessary for an extra formal nights attire. I'm open to suggestions for activities in Roatan and Grand Cayman, but Cozumel and Belize are already planned for.

I can set up the bed in the guest room if you want to fly in a day early to be safe that flights aren't cancelled delayed. I live near the beach in St Pete which is a short drive to the port. I have done this itinerary several times and can answer any questions you may have.

Thanks for looking.

Cheers!!!

Dave
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 073 (2).jpg (85.8 KB, 5 views)
Sponsored Links
Old December 14th, 2013, 08:42 PM
Captain

You left out the most important part...cost

BOOKED: Holland Oosterdam May 25; 7N ship, 4N Anchorage, 6N Denali, 5N Denver
11 cruises in 2012, 90 nights at sea visiting 15 countries
8 cruises in 2013, 56 nights at sea visiting 7 countries
Old December 14th, 2013, 10:54 PM
First Mate

I would guess that the cost would be negotiable with such a fine guy like leadfoot Dave.
Old December 15th, 2013, 12:13 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Good point... thanks for pointing that out.

Thanks aerospace... I guess that is something that might have been worth including. It's an 8K extended balcony cabin on deck 7. I am asking $650 and I will take care of the cost of switching the name on the booking.

And thinking about what Ednotmilkman said... he's also correct. I will pick up $100 of the cost if you are a first time cruiser. If you've never sailed before the cost is $550. Cruise virgins are so much fun to see wide eyed on their first trip it's worth it to me just to see someone smile that much.

As I am Diamond on Carnival it also includes perks like priority boarding (No need to purchase "Faster to the Fun"). I also have a comp for a dinner at the Golden Fleece Steak House (thus the need for an extra nights formal clothing). We will get to meet the capt, dir of guest services, and hotel director for cocktails. If you are flying in I can also help with ground arrangements before and/or after the cruise. My goal is to make it as smooth, easy, and fun as possible.

Thanks again for pointing that out aerospace.

Cheers!!!

Dave