Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Seeking Cruise Companion
Register Forgot Password?

Seeking Cruise Companion For people looking for share cruise expenses as roommates. Sexual or suggestives posts will be deleted.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 19th, 2013, 07:52 PM
Familiar Face

Default Europe River Cruises

Hi - been on them? any suggestions? thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old December 20th, 2013, 11:58 AM
First Mate

you need to check out the posts on "the other cruising" website, Horatio.

I did a cruise in Russia last spring on the Volga river and really enjoyed that because it allowed us to see more of the whole country instead of just Moscow and St. Petersburg. There were only 3 Americans on the ship, so you need to be ready to "be agreeable" with the Russians, Germans, as well as Brits and Aussies. Our Russian tour guides were all great, and most were young and beautiful if that helps !

The river cruises along the Danube, Rhine, etc. are much more expensive so I have never been interested in them. I don't like museums and dead churches as much as places where people are living in the present and see a bright future.

Edwin
Old December 20th, 2013, 09:31 PM
Familiar Face

thanks

if I went to the correct area you noted, doesn't appear to have much recent activity.
Old December 20th, 2013, 11:16 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Lightbulb Seeking other half of cruise fare to offset Baltic trip

Hello,

River cruises are ridiculously over-priced for a single traveler, not bad if traveling with a companion, friend or room mate. This is what I seek!
Is there anyone out there who is interested to make a 7 day river cruise beginning from Copenhagen, returning to Stockholm, visa-verse. I prefer Estonia, Finland, Russia...Not England, this time
To make a new acquaintance is wonderful, a friend, marvelous. But, it is not necessary that we be best of friends or even hang out if this is your preference. You may have your privacy as well, your freedom to enjoy, should you desire spending all or part of your cruise apart other than our financial arrangement for accommodations.
I am easy to get along with, I do not snore, & have only 1.5 bad habits, I eat healthy and avoid smoke!
My desired trip time is May of 2014. If this is of particular interest to you, or to someone you may know, who is looking to cut the cost of traveling solo, please reply as soon as possible - Time is money

Bonn Voyage!

MedicineWoman
Old December 21st, 2013, 11:20 AM
Familiar Face

Send a message via Skype™ to liketotravel

I am arriving in Copenhagen on May 2 via a RC cruise from Ft Lauderdale. I would be interested in continuing the journey.

helenanderson11@hotmail.com
Old December 21st, 2013, 02:41 PM
First Mate

looks like a possible "fit" for Helen and MedicineWoman, good luck.

You mentioned Estonia, Finland and Russia on the way between Stockholm and Copenhagen, MW ................. , that sounds like a Baltic ocean cruise instead of a river cruise ? Unless they have a "protected, inland waterway in northern Europe like the USA has around the mid and south Atlantic and Gulf coasts?

I'm not interested in this myself, just enjoy the chat about traveling.

Jun2009-Alaska - Celebrity Mercury@ Vancouver
Dec2009-Mex&C.A.-NCL Spirit @ NOLA
Mar2010-Aru&Cura-HA WesterdamDam @ Ft. Lau
Dec2010-Caribb- MSC Poesia @ Ft. Lau
Dec2011-S. Caribb- Emerald Princess@Ft Lau
Apr2012-Bahamas- CCL Fascination@ Jacksville
Jan2013-E Caribbean- RC Brilliance @ San Juan,PR
ApMay'13-VolgaRiver-MS Chaikovsky-Rostov to Moscow