Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Seeking Cruise Companion
Register Forgot Password?

Seeking Cruise Companion For people looking for share cruise expenses as roommates. Sexual or suggestives posts will be deleted.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 18th, 2014, 09:49 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default looking for roommate for Dec, 2014

I just logged on and thought I would give this a try. I have friends who want to do a S. American cruise this December. We are all teachers, so the time schedule is tied in to our winter breaks. There are various cruises available, but we have not picked one yet. I am just wondering if this forum works? Maybe another single person who wants to share a cabin in order to share expenses? I am a 52 yo single man who loves to cruise, but doesn't want to pay the single fee. I am an early to bed, early to rise kind of guy who is very respectful of no noise or lights in the evenings and early mornings.
Sponsored Links
Old January 19th, 2014, 01:00 PM
Familiar Face

Hi,
I can't find this forum particularly helpful, but still keep trying. Taking a cruise to S. America is also on my list. I'm flexible regarding time/itinerary. Do you have any specific cruise in mind? My favorite choice would be around Cape Horn from Buenos Aires to Valparaiso or in the opposite direction, but again, I'm flexible. If interested, please send me a private message to discuss details.
Old January 19th, 2014, 01:30 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Hi arkasha, not sure how to send a private message

Hey there, thanks for responding. I have looked at S. American cruises and most in the time frame that I need, actually are cruises that are round trips from various points in S. America, so we would have to fly there for the cruise, not leave from Florida. I don't have a specific cruise in mind and I really don't care. If I get out of Alaska in the winter, get some sun and some cruising, I am happy.

My email addy is johnatanc@hotmail.com if you want to talk via email. If you do, put "cruise" in the title as your email will go to junk and I don't want to just hit delete.
Old January 19th, 2014, 04:00 PM
First Mate

I'm a bit interested in your trip too, John. I watch and glance at everything on this site since I've found that it's a lot easier to pick a cabin mate from those who already have a trip in mind than it is to pick something myself and wonder if anybody else wants to join you. I usually do trips without much advance notice, so good luck and maybe you can find someone to go way before I'm ready to decide. All of my cruise cabin mates except one have been found on this site.

Jun2009-Alaska - Celebrity Mercury@ Vancouver
Dec2009-Mex&C.A.-NCL Spirit @ NOLA
Mar2010-Aru&Cura-HA WesterdamDam @ Ft. Lau
Dec2010-Caribb- MSC Poesia @ Ft. Lau
Dec2011-S. Caribb- Emerald Princess@Ft Lau
Apr2012-Bahamas- CCL Fascination@ Jacksville
Jan2013-E Caribbean- RC Brilliance @ San Juan,PR
ApMay'13-VolgaRiver-MS Chaikovsky-Rostov to Moscow
Old January 19th, 2014, 04:28 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Thanks for responding Ed and for the advice. I have to plan way in advance in order to get air fare out of Alaska during peak times and since I am a teacher, I do have the set schedule for time off during the year. I have been on a couple of cruises with roommates and one worked out well, the other not so much. I am mainly looking for sharing expenses and respect for lights and tv off in the cabin about 9 P.M. Yeah, I am getting old, but I have always gone to bed about 9 or 10, all my life.