Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Seeking Cruise Companion
Register Forgot Password?

Seeking Cruise Companion For people looking for share cruise expenses as roommates. Sexual or suggestives posts will be deleted.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 17th, 2014, 03:58 AM
Familiar Face

Send a message via AIM to Vanilla Sky
Talking Wanted female cruise buddy

Hi I'm a professional career woman (53 young at heart) who is looking to find a female to share a cabin with for cruising to either Africa, Middle East or doing a Mexican Rivera/Caribbean back to back. What I have found so far is HAL Dec 8 2014 Mexican Rivera/Caribbean 25 days, also Nov 15 Cape Town to Sth Hampton 35 days, also Oceania had one from Cape Town to Singapore I think. Anyone interested please message this thread and lets see what can be arranged. Not fussed what cruise line I use except don't want to go below a 4* star cruising.
Sponsored Links
Old May 17th, 2014, 02:23 PM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla Sky View Post
Hi I'm a professional career woman (53 young at heart) who is looking to find a female to share a cabin with for cruising to either Africa, Middle East or doing a Mexican Rivera/Caribbean back to back. What I have found so far is HAL Dec 8 2014 Mexican Rivera/Caribbean 25 days, also Nov 15 Cape Town to Sth Hampton 35 days, also Oceania had one from Cape Town to Singapore I think. Anyone interested please message this thread and lets see what can be arranged. Not fussed what cruise line I use except don't want to go below a 4* star cruising.
Hi, I m Anna Page, 64, fit, trim, travel a lot. Just back from a 12 month trip from Europe to NZ via USA and Canada. I ve done 3 cruises, will do many more. Looking for pleasant companion. I don t smoke, drink just a bit, don t snore. Retired medical field

Right now I m looking for westbound transatlantic for Late October, early ovember since I based in Europe and going to Florida in the winter. Would also like to take a caribbean cruise once I get to FLA.
Old May 17th, 2014, 10:01 PM
Familiar Face

Smile

Hi Anne

Thanks for your reply, as mentioned in my original thread the HAL MR/Southern Caribbean is a back to back cruise of some 25 days leaving on the 8 Dec 2014. Is that something that fits into your plans, if so lets talk via Skype as I'm in Australia, Adelaide and would need to fly to San Diego I think or memory. I'm flexible with cruising to places I just listed my bucket list but happy to go somewhere warm as it will be hot her in Australia at that time. Ocean view is the lowest fare I would look at, I'm not fussed which cruise line although wont sell my kidney for a cabin if you know what I mean. Let me know your thoughts. You seem to have more experience as far as cruising goes. Oh just to let you know I'm not a stick in the mud so to speak. I do like my drinks just not to excess plus I like to do the adventuress things on the shore excursions, like white water rafting which I did in Sth America, also swam with the seals in near artic water it was amazing. Oh I gave up smoking 4 years ago now never looked back but as there is no real smoking places on the ships except in designated areas I cant see that being a problem. So let me know what you think.
Old May 18th, 2014, 07:35 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Hi, how about a Panama Canal cruise on Oceania? I've temporarily reserved an inside stateroom on deck 7. It is a 16 day cruise on Oceania's Regatta (684 guests) leaving from Miami on December 5th, arriving in Los Angeles on December 21st. 8 ports of call: Columbia (Sta. Marta, and Cartagena), daylight transit through the Panama Canal, Costa Rica (Puntarenas), Nicaragua (Corinto), Guatemala (Puerto Quetzal), Mexico (Huatulco, and Cabo San Lucas), California (San Diego, and ending in Los Angeles).

I was on a cruise on Oceania, Nautica, last November in Barcelona. The ship was also mid-size, service is great, the food is wonderful, and the dress is casual.

I'm a single woman, 52, looking for someone similar in age/sex and compatible to share a room. I will be posting this on the general cruise buddy area too, but you sound similar to me age and interest-wise.

Thanks I look forward to your reply.
Old May 19th, 2014, 09:38 PM
Familiar Face

Default Oceania Panama Canal cruise

Hi P&P cruiser

That sounds ok but I'm looking for a bit longer, Oceania is nice I hear and am certainly interested in the mid size ships. Just that when you live in Australia our airfare to Miami is quiet high so I try and do a longer cruise. I'll go onto the Oceania site and have a look over what you suggested. But I would be interested in a minimum of ocean view doesn't matter what level, I find the inside cabins a bit closed in. I didn't know there was another section to post on this subject of this site. You seem to be abit wiser and possible have cruised more am open to suggestions from you I just need a break. Keep in touch
Old May 20th, 2014, 12:02 AM
Familiar Face

Hi Vanilla Sky, I live in Sydney and am always looking for a cruise partner. I've done about 7 so far and like you, am very independent. I tend to book inside cabin as its the cheapest and I've found the best way is to do a last minute booking (mind you that's still 2-3 months out). I also go for the longer cruises for exactly the same reason as you. Have just retired (a few months ago) and am really open to anywhere and of course, can travel anytime, which is wonderful. Don't mind a drink although don't overdo it and I like to explore places and do adventurous things (white water rafting in NZ being one of the best, plus cycling down a vulcano in Hawaii where you didn't pedal once). Email me johnsglyn@hotmail.com - maybe we can get together?
Old May 20th, 2014, 12:32 AM
Familiar Face

Happy to chat Londoner1 I presuming you are a female (as you email address starts with john...) is that correct as you didnt say that. As mentioned in my thread don't really want inside cabin as its very closed in lowest I'll go is ocean view on any level. if you are willing to compromise. Perhaps a chat on Skype is in order. 2-3 months out isnt last minute to me but hey you probably have more experience than myself in cruising as only done 2 long ones back to back Mediterranean and Sth America,
Old May 20th, 2014, 08:24 AM
Familiar Face

Sorry Vanilla Sky, yes I am a female. I don't think 2-3 months is last minute either, but it seems the cruise lines do. I'd consider an ocean view if its not too expensive. My skype is glynis_johns I'm not always online so we'd probably have to tee the first one up.
Old May 21st, 2014, 08:19 PM
Familiar Face

Default Still looking

Thanks Londoner1 but you are right I'm not a retiree and can only travel in Dec2014 - Jan2015. So I'm still looking if anyone female is interested. HAL seem to have a good selection of cruise itineraries but am open to other cruise lines just wanting to go somewhere warm I think, oh I'm a quiet sleeper and couldn't be with anyone that snores in a small cabin.
Old May 28th, 2014, 11:58 PM
Familiar Face

Default Difficult task to find share buddy

I want to thank the women who have shown interest, but for me a last minute cruise is out of the question as my flights from Australia would be very high. This last minute thing seems to work well for people living in USA or so it seems. So once again still looking there are not too many inside cabins left on this cruise only 6 as the sales person showed me not sure on the other cabins.
Old May 29th, 2014, 01:07 AM
Familiar Face

Cool Wanted : Female cruise buddy

Hello,

I am a 47 - year old woman that loves to travel... a lot! Because of work issues my husband can't always join me.
I just came back from Rhodos (Greece) and before that I was in Jamaica. In july we go back to Jamaica and in november I go to Thailand.

I'm looking for a travel compagnon for a cruise leaving in january/february 2015.

Following you find the specifications of the trip.

Day 1 Flight Amsterdam - Mauritius
Day 2 Arrival Mauritius
Transfer airport - port
Port Louis ca.21:00
Day 3 On sea
Day 4 On sea
Day 5 Victoria (Seychellen) ca.9:00
Day 6 Victoria (Seychellen)
Day 7 Victoria (Seychellen) ca.13:00
Day 8 On sea
Day 9 Nosy Be (Madagaskar) ca.9:00 ca.19:00
Day 10 Diego Suarez (Madagaskar) ca.8:00 ca.18:00
Day 11 On sea
Day 12 Tamatave (Madagaskar) ca.8:00 ca.18:00
Day 13 On sea
Day 14 La Possession (La Rťunion) ca.7:00 ca.19:00
Day 15 Port Louis ca.8:00
Day 16 Port Louis
Transfer port - airport
Flight Mauritius - Dubai
Day 17 Arrival Dubai
Transfer airport - hotel
Hotel : Towers Rotana hotel
Transfer hotel - airport
Flight Dubai - Amsterdam

If someone is interested in this cruise, coming from abroad and like to travel with me, I would/could be your guide to visit Belgium (Bruges, Brussels, Ghent and Antwerp) !

Price of the cruise : normally : 5100Ä - but I can have it for 2500 (+400Ä All-Inclusive)

Do not hesitate to contact me!
inge.debouvere@gmail.com

Grtz,
Inge
Old May 29th, 2014, 07:38 AM
Familiar Face

Sorry but not my area of interest.
Old May 29th, 2014, 07:50 AM
Familiar Face

What is your interest??? I am very flexibel...

Grtz,
Inge
Old May 29th, 2014, 07:54 AM
Familiar Face

Hmmm have you read the beginning of my thread
Old May 29th, 2014, 08:00 AM
Familiar Face

Yes, I did...
You've asked for a companion for a cruise Africa - Middle-East and that was exactly what I was asking and offering....
Am I wrong????

Grtz,
Inge
Old May 29th, 2014, 07:14 PM
Familiar Face

Hi You did say who the cruise you chose was with. I'm only interested in HAL 8 Dec for 28 days cruising the Mexican Rivera and Southern Caribbean. Can cruise in Feb or late Jan 2015.
Old May 30th, 2014, 10:03 PM
Familiar Face

Default A info on my self

A little about myself, as I couldn't make change to my original post. Iím 53 yrs and young at heart. I interested in finding a female roomie for cruising adventures. Places on my bucket list are, Africa, Middle East, Mexican Riviera + Caribbean. I prefer smaller cruise ships as opposed the Mega floating resorts (but will try anything once).

I can travel this year 2014 from December through to most of January 2015, also can do most of April 2015 but need a holiday before that .

Previous cruises that Iíve done are all with HAL was a Mediterranean back 2 back plus Sth America all my cruises are around 20+ plus mainly because airfare from Australia is expensive so I like to make it worthwhile. Also at this stage I donít think I can do last minute cruises because of my airfare costs.

Iím open to negotiation on larger ships plus inside cabins, my choice of cabin is at least OV. Cruises I have found that would interest me are as follows:

Africa HAL 35 day cruise departing on 15 Nov 2014
Mexican Riviera + Southern Caribbean 28 days departing on 8 Dec 2014

Iíve shared before so donít snore, not a party animal, not looking for romance so wont be bringing anyone back to the cabin, donít hang up washing in the bathroom, not an early riser, respect the fact we have a small space and am tidy etc I think you get the idea.

Open to suggestions and am genuinely looking to find a travel buddy for cruising.
Old June 6th, 2014, 10:32 AM
Familiar Face

Hi Vanilla Sky. I am really looking for a transatlantic this time as I need to be in the USA, FLORIDA, in November 2014. I certainly am looking for partners to share cruises with for the future, but right now a transatlantic is all I have the time to plan.

Eve
Old June 27th, 2014, 09:59 PM
Familiar Face

Hi Everyone still looking any takers

But my preferences have changed first is 21 SE Asia on Sapphire Princess sailing dates are 8 Dec 2014.

The the HAL 28 day leaving 8 Dec 2014 Mexican Riviera + Sth Carribean.
Old June 28th, 2014, 02:25 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Southampton to Cape Town

Hello,

I have been looking at the exact same cruise from Southampton to Cape Town. What kind of room do you want?

I'm 23 but I am looking for quiet, reflection and time to write.
Old June 28th, 2014, 02:27 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Also, I am female and looking to travel in October or November.