Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Seeking Cruise Companion
Register Forgot Password?

Seeking Cruise Companion For people looking for share cruise expenses as roommates. Sexual or suggestives posts will be deleted.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 16th, 2014, 11:13 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Transatlantic Barcelona to Ft. Lauderdale HAL Noordam October 19

Hello. My name is Arlene and I just found this site tonight and I am looking for someone male or female to share the cheapest inside cabin on the Holland America Noordam that is leaving Barcelona for Ft. Lauderdale on October 19 and arriving November 3 (15 nights). The price will hopefully drop to $500 USD plus about $150 USD for port charges, etc. about a month to 6 weeks out. That is what it dropped to when the trip was the other direction on April 6, 2014. Please do not write to me about other ships or other trips. I live in Florida and have a rental car reserved for November 3 so I can take you somewhere in Florida if you want to share the rental price ($55) and the gas. I am 62 now but will be 63 by the time the cruise starts and I am a non-smoking female. I am halfway around the world (almost) in my quest to go completely around the world all in the same trip all in the same direction and all without any airfare. I left my home which is a block from the Atlantic Ocean on June 11 and took three Amtrak trains (Florida to Washington DC, DC to Chicago, Chicago to Seattle). After three nights in Seattle, I took a Greyhound bus to Vancouver where I waited "for my ship to come in" as they say. On June 28 I left Vancouver aboard the Hanjin Ottawa freighter cargo ship which headed north through the Alaskan Aleutian Islands and the Bering Sea and the Sea of Japan arriving in Busan, South Korea on July 12 which is where I am now. I will be backpacking around and staying in hostels in South Korea until August 31 when I take a ferry from Donghae, S.K. to Vladivostok, Russia. I will travel across Russia by train for the month of September and then get through Europe by either buses and/or trains to Barcelona a few days prior to the 19th of October and then I will take the Holland America Noordam home to Florida which will complete my around the world in 145 days with no airfare. I will be on that ship WITH OR WITHOUT YOU but I would prefer with you so I can save some money. I have been on about 30 cruises and I really hate paying the single supplement. I am completely serious so if you are just "pipe-dreaming" about doing a transatlantic cruise, please do not bother me. If you are seriously interested in this trip on this ship, then e-mail me at arlene3409@yahoo.com and we can discuss the particulars. Thank you for your attention.
Sponsored Links
Old July 18th, 2014, 12:04 PM
Welcome Newcomer

If the price drops to below 600 I'm definitely interested. My destination is West Palm Beach, so that would be perfect.