Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Seeking Cruise Companion

Seeking Cruise Companion For people looking for share cruise expenses as roommates. Sexual or suggestives posts will be deleted.

Old March 13th, 2015, 02:12 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Female Cabin Mate Wanted for April '15 Houston/Galveston Departure

There seems to be a lot of this going around, but I am a 50 yr old single female in Texas looking for a female cabin mate to share stateroom expenses on a 7 day cruise departing from Houston or Galveston at some point in early or mid April.

I am wrapping up a Ph. D., but getting my dissertation written with all the daily distractions is killing me. Call me crazy, but a cruise ship with beautiful views where someone else does the cooking and cleaning and my mom can't call and fret just seems like the solution here. So I'm looking for a nice person to share a room with (damned single occupancy fees!) who wouldn't mind a crazy-eyed but fairly respectable academic tapping away on a laptop in the background a lot of the time.

I will need a stateroom with a balcony, so I can write outside with the sun on my face some of the time. However, I won't constantly haunt the room or hog the balcony, and I do come up for air and a change of scene every few hours. Which means: if you would like the room to yourself for a spell or need a partner for trivia quizzes (all this college has got to be good for SOMETHING), you will find that I'm perfectly capable of disappearing for a while or, conversely, that I know that the capital of Mongolia is Ulan Bator and that the Brady Bunch cast included a sheepdog named Tiger who appeared in 10 episodes before being written out in season 2 when he was run over by a car. I know, right?

In real life, I am a theatre director, which means I'm a good sport, I know a lot of hilarious stories about famous people, and I can get along with just about anyone. I drink, but I don't get drunk. I don't smoke, except when good cuban cigars can be got legally (i.e. at sea) and NEVER in or near the room. I'm neat at a pin when I travel and would want a roomie who could be the same. I can be fun or quiet as circumstances require, and I've never met someone who wasn't interesting to get to know. Just as long as you don't mind bunking in with a working writer on a deadline.

I don't care if you are gay, straight, old, young, Fox News or NPR...as long as you are thoughtful and reasonably hygienic. I've been known to snore lightly when my allergies kick up, but I've never been banned to the couch for it. I figure that a room with twin beds would be easy enough to rearrange to best suit our needs.

Oh look--here's a rate of $649 each for a balcony stateroom on the Emerald Princess sailing out of Houston on April 5th. However, I'm totally open to other suggestions, as long as the ship departs from Houston or Galveston. And of course, if you come with a senior or military discount, well that would be just fine and dandy w/me.

Thanks.
Old March 13th, 2015, 08:44 PM
Welcome Newcomer

I can also depart in the last part of March, probably anytime after the 20th or so.