Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Seeking Cruise Companion
Register Forgot Password?

Seeking Cruise Companion For people looking for share cruise expenses as roommates. Sexual or suggestives posts will be deleted.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 23rd, 2015, 07:46 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Wanted: cabin mate for Carnival Dream Eastern Caribbean 10/04/15 to 10/25/15

Dear Cruisegoer:

Re: Back-to-back Carnival Eastern Caribbean cruises
Dates: October 4, 2015, through October 25, 2015
Ship: Carnival Dream, built in 2009
Cost: about $1,000.00 or $1,100.00 plus transportation to New Orleans
Ports: lots of them!
Departs and returns from: New Orleans, Louisiana

I'm interested in sharing an inside cabin with you on the Dream (which I have cruised before), but subject to further inquiry and discussion. I seek a heterosexual cruise roommate who is mature,* polite, considerate, conscientious, non-smoking, non-snoring, no mental illness, and who does not use drugs. Those traits are requirements. I prefer that such a roommate also does not drink alcohol. A room that is less than 185 s.f. that reeks of booze is hard to inhabit and can cause unnecessary friction between roommates. Accordingly, if more than one person wants to share a cabin with me, and all have similar traits, I will opt to room with a non-alcoholic candidate over the alcoholic.

I am a highly-educated professional and believe in no nonsense, sexually-related or otherwise. I seek nothing other than a travel partner for this (and other future cruises). I take primarily Western Caribbean cruises, and do it exclusively to scuba dive. I am in excellent physical condition and do little but eat, scuba dive, quietly read on board, and attend the headliner shows on cruises. This trip will be slightly different, since a few of the ports have no dive sites. If you seek someone to accompany you to the "adult" comedies with foul language, be a drinking buddy, or sit through a Hasbro-branded game show, I am not likely compatible. Yet, since I won't be with you doing those things, if you don't mind doing them alone, we will be compatible. While I am not seeking a companion to tag along with every minute of the cruise, I welcome friendship which includes eating together for however many meals we deem appropriate. That could mean almost every meal -- or none. In addition, we may wish to accompany each other after debarking at the non-dive ports. Simply, I am strongly independent and, while I do not need a crutch to lean upon, it is nice to enjoy a pleasant vacation while developing and enjoying a new friendship for three weeks.

Having traveled all over the world and stayed in five-star to one-star accommodations with many different types of people, and having taken many cruises (five just in the last one year and many more before that!), I know how to adapt to circumstances, people, situations, and regional/cultural differences. All of that makes international traveling intriguingly fun.

I am certain that you have requirements as well, and, together, we can develop a shared "handbook" that will set certain boundaries to enhance our survival together for three weeks. Such prudent planning can only help the ultimate success of being placed in a tiny room that is less than half the size of a master suite closet that I built for my (ex-)wife.

As to the ship and the itinerary, the Dream is a large, comfortable, well-equipped ship that was well thought-out. There are lots of ports. The price is dirt-cheap, and even comes with a bonus similar to the Carnival Breeze -- a (makeshift) area like Jimmy's Bar-B-Q on deck 5 that serves barbequed chicken, pulled pork, and other goodies on sea days. In sum, for the thrills, the low cost, and the multiple ports, this is a cruise of only a handful to remember later in life.

I look forward to hearing from you. Thank you.

*"Mature" should not invoke thoughts of wheelchairs and oxygen tanks. It is used in the context of having or showing the mental and emotional qualities of an adult.
Sponsored Links
Old July 25th, 2015, 02:33 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Hi

I wish I would have seen your e-mail a few days ago. I know there are a lot of rules, however, I have shared cabins on about 20 cruises and can understand them. I meet all of your rules except I am a social drinker, perhaps, one a day. I would never drink in the cabin. I am a fit 63 years male and am not looking for sex on a cruise ship.

Unfortunately, since I couldn't find someone to share with on a Caribbean cruise in November, I booked a single cabin on a cruise to Asia in October.

Please keep me in mind for any future cruises you may be interested in.

Phil
Old August 12th, 2015, 12:24 PM
Familiar Face

HI there I might be interested in this cruise as well. I also am single male looking for someone to share an inside cabin also. I do not drink or smoke I will do my own thing and do my own excursions as well. Unless you want to come too
Old August 31st, 2015, 01:28 PM
Familiar Face

Hi there have you found anyone to do the back to back with you I might be interested let me know ok