Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Shopping!
Register Forgot Password?

Shopping! Recommendations for the best places to shop.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old May 25th, 2001, 01:51 AM
Member
Passenger
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Posts: 55
Default Grand Cayman shops?

I'm going on a Caribbean cruise and will visit Grand Cayman, are there any shops (specially camera equipment/video) like in St. Thomas? Thanks!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old May 25th, 2001, 08:33 PM
Trip's Avatar
Moderator
Admiral
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Boston
Posts: 19,833
Send a message via ICQ to Trip
Default Re: Grand Cayman shops?

you will find camera shops there,but check your prices at home before you buy..we wanted to buy a canon elf,and found the prices high..doing homework will save you money

Trip..Friday chat host
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old January 23rd, 2004, 02:21 AM
Geno
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Re: Grand Cayman shops?



Here's some homework for you: the American dollar is only worth 80 cents in Grand Caymen, at the exchange rate for the Caymen dollar So everything costs 20 per cent more on that island. Plus, they add a 15 per cent gratuity to all restaurant tabs, so your meal there is now a total of 35 per cent more than, say, St. Thomas. My sister has a timeshare condo there, and I spent a week with them one year and found out how really expensive everything is there. My wife and I took them out to dinner at a nice upscale restaurant, and spent $185 for the meal!! Just taking a cab anywhere can cost a bundle! Needless to say, we stay on ship whenever we hit that island on a cruise.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
camera, cayman, grand, shops

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
in grand cayman... sparks23 All Things Cruising 10 August 15th, 2009 09:44 AM
Grand Cayman Kristina99 Teen Cruisers 39 January 7th, 2007 08:05 PM
Grand Princess in Grand Cayman-January Fern Ask CruiseMates Staff 1 December 3rd, 2004 09:29 AM
Grand Cayman Dani Carnival Cruise Lines 7 July 20th, 2004 03:19 PM
Grand Princess 6/17 - Grand Cayman Richdives Princess Cruise Lines 2 May 8th, 2001 10:26 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


 

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:52 AM.
design by: Themes by Design

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1