CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Shopping! (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/shopping/)
-   -   Cruise Line "FREE shopping bags" (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/shopping/297613-cruise-line-free-shopping-bags.html)

Leslie October 17th, 2001 09:24 PM

Cruise Line "FREE shopping bags"

Good Day:

I was wondering what cruise lines give out free shopping bags. I know Royal Caribbean and Norwegian Cruise Line provide free shopping bags in the cabins.

What other lines provide these. I beleive that the small things do count!

Happy Cruising,
Leslie
lls@ibl.bm

FrankM October 19th, 2001 06:11 AM

Re: Cruise Line "FREE shopping bags"

Holland America also provides free shopping bags. They show up with a note from the cruise line in your cabin.

Bill October 23rd, 2001 01:09 PM

We have a small collection of Celebrity bags so I presume we've gotten one on each cruise

sammy January 22nd, 2002 07:30 PM

I've only gotten one on Holland America. Do we have to ask for them? I am cruising again on RCCL in May, would like to know before hand.

Gloria March 1st, 2002 01:19 PM

Don't recall a shopping bag from Princess.

sail7seas March 17th, 2002 02:40 PM

We never got a bag from Princess or Celebrity. Have a huge pile of nice canvas bags from HAL. We get them every cruise

The steward leaves them on the bed the night before your first port.

mimi July 11th, 2002 11:32 AM

Re: Re: Cruise Line "FREE shopping bags"

Have sailed on Princess twice and Orient Lines once, never got a free shopping bag. The Princess totes are very nice and sell in their gift shop for about $20! However, in St. Maarten, selection of tote bags was wonderful. Bought several and gave them out as gifts to friends at home -- they were less expensive than the usual "souveniers". Mimi

Deb76 October 30th, 2003 12:23 PM

Does
carnvial give out bags???

hkolln November 9th, 2003 03:20 PM

No, Carnvial does not.

But I bought a really nice shopping bag in St Maartin for like 5.00 in the flea market.

carla823 November 16th, 2003 12:48 PM

Hey, I didn't know anything about these bags. Will I get one when I sail with Royal Caribbean? Also, does anyone know about the "coupons" for the ports that the ship gives out? A friend of mine says that you can use these coupons to go into certain shops in port and get freebies. Just wondering what kind of things people have gotten?

Thanks!

KItty Cruiser November 23rd, 2003 10:12 PM

We used the free coupons from the ship at all ports in Mexico. You have to go to the specific store. One said free diamond earrings, another free tanzanite earrings and another a free "gift".

We did not have to buy anything, but they will only give one gift per coupon/newletter. My girlfriend forgot her newsetter and showed her room card and that worked. It was a pin that said Mexico.

The free diamond earrings are real, real small. Looks more like small chips or scrapes of diamond. The earring studs holding the earrings was bigger. Same with the tanzanite earrings... very, very small. Oh well, it's free.

star December 1st, 2003 07:25 PM

Got the coupons in Alaska for the "free" stuff..discount on items and "tips" on the best places to shop..most were being given out in the arrivals area at the piers,

No free bags on Princess but we have a collection from Cunard from years ago..also hats that the guys were given instead of the bags..Cunard also gave out little dishes with a map of the trip and the dates on it.