Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Shopping!
Register Forgot Password?

Shopping! Recommendations for the best places to shop.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 2nd, 2001, 09:43 PM
Passenger

Default Watch prices - St Thomas

I'm sailing Millennium next week and hope to purchase a watch in St Thomas. I've done the research, have narrowed my choices to 3 or 4 and have a pretty good idea what I could buy one for stateside. Assuming I stick with the "Authorized Dealers" how much of a discount should I expect and how firm are the prices?
Sponsored Links
Old November 3rd, 2001, 12:08 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default Re: Watch prices - St Thomas

Tom.. one word.. BARGAIN! Depending on the brands.. some they wont move more than 10 or 15%.. others .. much more.
Dont be afraid to walk out of the store. U can always go back later.
Since u know your prices.. u should do fine!!
Regards,
Kuki
Old November 3rd, 2001, 12:16 AM
Passenger

Thanks, Kuki. I appreciate the advice!
Old November 22nd, 2001, 01:15 AM
Tom Dills

Bought the watch!

Got 20% off on a Tag-Heuer. Prices at AH Riise and Little Switzerland were identical, liked the salesperson better at AH Riise so I bought there. Prices were firm but they were pretty free with "extras" such as extra links for the band, fancy cleaning cloths etc. All in all saved about $400 over stateside prices.

Wanna know what time it is???
Old September 14th, 2002, 09:01 PM
Dick McIntyre

Default Re: Re: Watch prices - St Thomas

In March, we were on the AOS, and I looked at a Rolex Airking in St Thomas. The store said they had the lowest price anywhere. When we got home(western NY) I checked a local retailer, and the price was exactly the same!! The only amount saved would have been the sales tax, and some duty would have to be paid.

Shop around first, to insure that you are actually saving money!
Old October 18th, 2002, 07:25 PM
Cruise Maniac

Also got a 20% or so discount off the best price in the States on a Tag Heuer at Little Switzerland in St. Thomas
Old December 11th, 2002, 08:16 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: Watch prices - St Thomas

Dick,

You are right. I just replaced my Rolex and my local dealer here in New Hartford, NY (Central NY) had the new one for 20% off list. I don't think you'll get a better price. I purchased an extra 18kt & SS link which has a list price of $275 for $222. I called The rolex dealer in Cozumel because I was thinking of adding one more link and they told me their price would be $375usd. Go figure.
Old December 17th, 2002, 08:42 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Once you get your best price....ask if they can do better if you pay cash..... This can really work to your advantage.Depending on the brand discounts can vary...also, prices can vary depending on the amount of ships in....If you are also going to St Martin, try Joes, on the Dutch side..i got a good price on a Coach watch....Trip /Monday Chat Host