Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Shopping!
Register Forgot Password?

Shopping! Recommendations for the best places to shop.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 24th, 2002, 03:59 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to Eric
Default bargain on diamond ring

my wife bought a full carat diamond ring at cardows last year for what seemed like a reasonable price,problem being she just recieved their latest sale flier in it advertising the same ring for several hundred dollars less. my question being,since we will be visiting there again this year has anyone tried to get any kind of refund or %off of any other purchases or any kind of experiance similar to?
Sponsored Links
Old January 25th, 2002, 11:47 PM
Passenger

Default Re: bargain on diamond ring

I have never heard one way or the other but you could try. Another option might be to take your reciept with you and get the full price credit toward trading up on a bigger ring. I bought an anniversary ring there three years ago and have priced simalr rings since. I beleive I got a good deal and I would buy from them (or trade up, their suggestion) any time I get back there. Good Luck, they might be willing.
Old August 19th, 2002, 07:09 AM
Randee

Check with the shopping representative on board. Bring your receipts. If cruise line has a guarentee with a certain shop you may have some leverage. The stores like to keep cruisers happy and want future referrals from cruise line. At least, they may want to work out some kind of deal. I would go back and do something about it. Also, bring that flyer with you. I have a feeling you'll be taken good care of.
Old January 23rd, 2004, 01:53 AM
Geno

I believe they have a toll -free phone number that you can call them at. Do you know the name of the sales person who waited on you?
Old January 23rd, 2004, 02:46 AM
Geno

Eric, one thing you might want to check out before you get too upset over the difference in price is the grade or quality of the diamond you purchased. You may have gotten a much higher grade diamond in the same size as the cheaper one, and so one is one caret, and worth $1200, and the other is one caret and much better quality, and worth $2000. I only buy "investment grade" diamonds there myself, and while they are more expensive, they are still a bargain than what I would pay for them in the States. No sales tax, no duty! Just buy the stone, not a setting, and you don't have to even declare them at customs. Buy them in a setting requires you to declare them, and thus, pay a duty based on their value. When you get into 3 caret on up, that's some bucks! Bring home just the stone and get a setting out of the huge catalog at your local jewelers.