Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Shopping!
Register Forgot Password?

Shopping! Recommendations for the best places to shop.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 6th, 2002, 04:20 PM
Beginner

Default Jewelry shopping in St. Thomas

I recently purchased a beautiful ring at Celebrity Jewelers in St. Thomas. I live in Southern California, I wanted to take this time to speak very highly of this jewelry store.

I purchased the ring in December 2001, and this past March 2002 I lost a diamond on my ring, a prong had evidently broken and the diamond fell out. I was frantic and worried about other stones falling out of the ring as well.

I e-mailed Celebrity Jewelers in St. Thomas Virgin Islands and within 5 minutes received a response regarding the repair of my ring at no/charge. I then asked if
there was a location close to my home, the Jewelry store they sent me to was 45 miles away, when my husband and I got there they were so wonderfully polite and helpful.

My ring was fixed in a few hours while we ran errands, they replaced the diamond and re-created the prongs, as well as tightening all the other prongs. When we returned to pick up my ring, it had been polished as well. It looked beautiful. They also said as I was leaving that if I ever had any problems with my ring to just bring it back and they would fix it.

I can't say enough about Celebrity Jewelers in St. Thomas. If you do stop there for one of your cruises, do pay them a visit. They have wonderful jewelry and good prices, and now EXTREMELY WONDERFUL customer service.
Sponsored Links
Old May 20th, 2002, 07:23 PM
Beginner

Default Re: Jewelry shopping in St. Thomas

Thanks for sharing that information. I will be in St. Thomas in October and will definitely check them out.
Old June 4th, 2002, 10:16 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to UConn1 Send a message via MSN to UConn1

I have had very, very good luck at The Grand jewelry store. It is down the street from Cardow and on the opposite side of the road. I bought a ring in May 2001 and a diamond fell out when I got a prong caught on a door frame. (This happened in April 2002) I was back in St Thomas in May and took the ring in to see if their lifetime guarantee would stand up. It did. They send the ring to their NY jeweler and he fixed it and it was back before at my house 3 days after I got home. Took it to my jeweler and had him check it - no problems - same ring and stones that I had before. I asked Jackie (the same guy I use everytime I go in there) why they aren't a recommended shop - it is because they don't want to pay the percentage to the cruise lines to be advertised on board.

Jodi

Old June 10th, 2002, 06:48 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Thats high praise indeed, and speaks highly for the customer service at Celebrity Jewelers.Now you are a contented customer and will stop back on your next cruise....
Trip/ Friday Chat Host