CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Shopping! (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/shopping/)
-   -   Cigars from Cozumel (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/shopping/297640-cigars-cozumel.html)

lorilynn July 5th, 2002 12:38 PM

Cigars from Cozumel

Anybody have any suggestions on where to buy Cigars in Cozumel?

Do you know if you can only take back a certain number of them? Do you have to declare them or pay special taxes or anything?

Kenny C.A. July 8th, 2002 01:18 AM

Re: Cigars from Cozumel

You will find Cuban cigars in Cozumel. I don't think it is legal to bring them home to America. But you can buy some to smoke on the ship. I am thinking of buying some Cuban cigars in Vancouver, Canada when I go there this coming weekend. With all of the security searches at our airports it would be hard to bring them home.

lorilynn July 23rd, 2002 02:10 PM

Re: Re: Cigars from Cozumel

How would they know if they're cuban. Let say to bring home about 5 or them. The band on them don't necessarily say they are cuban. I know you can buy Niguragan (sp?) ones in Cozumel too. Are they maybe searching for people bringing home boxes of them?

Kenny C.A. July 28th, 2002 01:04 AM

Re: Re: Re: Cigars from Cozumel

I really don't know if people get searched for cigars at customs. But I bet you that the custom dogs know the difference!LOL. Plus, doesn't the plastic cover say made in Cuba?
I chose to play it safe and didn't buy any Cuban cigars in Vancouver.

lorilynn July 29th, 2002 12:37 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Cigars from Cozumel

I'm torn on what to do. I just think they won't be able to tell the difference. Hmmmmm,
funny you said that about the dogs. I thought about that before you said anything and then laughed at myself.

Sarahsmom July 30th, 2002 10:44 AM

Grand Cayman Cigars

There is a La Casa Del Habano in grand cayman that has the best cuban cigar collection my husband has ever seen,me too I guess:-) His trick was to remove the bands on the cigars...shhhh one place ( can't remember if it was this store) replaced them with "Grand Cayman" bands and no one knows that they are cuban:-)

Cuban Cigars, Grand Cayman

If nothing else, you can smoke them on your trip

lorilynn July 31st, 2002 02:47 PM

Re: Grand Cayman Cigars

Thats what my boyfriend suggested. And then I guess I'll have to smoke the ones without the bands or buy very very cheap ones. Thanks. I wondered if that would work.

lorilynn July 31st, 2002 02:49 PM

Re: Grand Cayman Cigars

I just want to bring back like 5 or so for my boyfriend. If I did get caught, they would just take them from me, right? I wouldn't think I'd get arrested or anything. I should claim them then on the ship, right?

MR DOOWOP August 4th, 2002 03:55 PM

Re: Cigars from Honduras

.............Although I appreciate good Cuban Cigars as well as many other men do; I also know that Honduras makes some good cigars as well & was wondering if you can buy Honduras Cigars in Roatan, Honduaras ?? .....I understand that Roatan is quite poor; but, I would really like to tour a Cigar Factory there if one does exist ?