Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Shopping!
Register Forgot Password?

Shopping! Recommendations for the best places to shop.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 23rd, 2002, 04:23 PM
stuff&things

Default What to buy in Nassau?

Our first time and we were wondering what the best buys in Nassau are? WE're not going with shopping as a must do, but if there is something unique or a really good buy there, we'd like to know ahead of time.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old November 8th, 2002, 06:52 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip
Default Re: What to buy in Nassau?

Check out John Bull, the nicest shop in Nassau I think..Good prices on perfume ands leather goods i think.. My husband got a Raymond Weil watch at a fire sale price! This store has a grand piano, marble floors and extremely helpful sales associates...Have a great time....Trip...Monday Chat Host
Old November 10th, 2002, 08:10 PM
Beginner

Default Re: What to buy in Nassau?

I took a cruise to Nassau on NCL in March of this year. The straw market was the most fun that we had. We had a good time talking the price down on everything! There was a mahogany statue that was priced at $45 and we ended up only paying $20 for it. Especially later in the afternoon. That's when we got the best deals. But, be advised, if you stop and look at someones shop, and you decide not to buy, they will call you several nasty names and tell the other vendors not to waste their time waiting on you.

We did go in some other shops...jewelery is priced really good. But, look at a couple of shops before you make a decision. You can also use that to your advantage if you say you saw the same thing at another shop for a cheaper price. They will usually cut their price to make the sale.

Enjoy your trip!!