Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Shopping!
Register Forgot Password?

Shopping! Recommendations for the best places to shop.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 30th, 2003, 01:48 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Becca12338
Default Costa Maya, Progresso, Cozumel

Ok... I have a dew excersions planned for my ports, but I was wondering how the shopping is at each place. My brother and Dad hate shopping, but I'm a main planner of this cruise, so I'm thinking of makin my mom take me. Which Island is teh best shopping??

CARNIVAL CONQUEST!!! CAN'T WAIT!!!
Sponsored Links
Old December 6th, 2003, 02:51 PM
ammayria

Default Re: Costa Maya, Progresso, Cozumel

Close to where the ships dock in Progreso there are a few good shops, and although that's all we did for shopping there, I did see a big outdoor market with lots of souvenirs and other things in the town. Cozumel has lots of shopping, I heard you actually have to go into town if you really want to do some good shopping, but they do have a ton of stores very close to the pier, within walking distance. I've never been to Costa Maya.
Old February 7th, 2004, 08:05 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Costa Maya, Progresso, Cozumel

We went to Cozomel, Grand Cayman and Pregresso last Feb. I think the best deals were to be found in Progresso. Not alot of shopping there, but the people there seemed to deal more than in Cozomel and Grand Cayman.

Got a double lounge swing there for 20.00 as compared to almost 40.00 in Cozomel. One of the shop owners in Progresso where we got some silver jewelry even gave us a carry case for the swing and each a free beer when we purchased the silver.

Just my opinion.