Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Shopping!
Register Forgot Password?

Shopping! Recommendations for the best places to shop.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 11th, 2004, 11:32 AM
ThrillRiderChick

Default rolex watches

We are cruising for the first time in March and visting St. Thomas and St. Maarten , my husband is interested in buying a rolex. Has anyone seen any good prices? Where?
Sponsored Links
Old February 13th, 2004, 05:16 PM
cruiseprincess0162

Default Re: rolex watches

In st.thomas they have a rolex store. Din't go in it but my cousin did pretty pricy.
Jenna
Old March 2nd, 2004, 04:20 PM
Cruise Maniac

Thrill:

We bought his and hers Rolexes in St. Thomas at the Rolex store a few years ago. We saved approximately $3000.00. For more info, e-mail us.

Jay and Karen
Mount Hope, ON Canada

Westerdam 1993, 1997, 1998
Statendam 1995
Zenith 1996
Norway 1997
Sun Princess 1999
Volendam 2000, 2001
Century 2002
Zuiderdam 2003
Caribbean Princess 2004, 2005
Victory 2004
Old March 17th, 2004, 08:36 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

I just heard, that Litle Switzerland does NOT sell Rolex's anymore. I thought they were the only dealer to do so in St Thomas, I may be wrong...A google search should get you the info you need....Happy Sales...

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old April 22nd, 2004, 04:33 PM
First Mate

Goldfinger's in St. Maarten had a great selection of Rolexs, my husband bought his there, the selection in St. Thomas was not good, we were there near the end of spring break and I think they were low on stock.
Old June 17th, 2004, 04:20 PM
CCL

I am going in a cruise to aruba, st thomas,st marten and curacao. I am looking to buy a submarine rolex watch. Were are the best prices.
Old January 18th, 2005, 08:50 PM
Passenger

What about Cozumel or Cancun? Does anyone know if they have a Rolex store?

Until I sail on the Sea!
Old February 27th, 2005, 09:12 AM
Karen Adelman

Since I don't know where any of you come from...there are better bargains on 47th street in the jewelry section of NY. Also the same in Fl. At least when you purchase in the US you get a guarantee and possibly know the store.
Old March 3rd, 2005, 08:16 PM
Passenger

Hong Kong
Old March 26th, 2005, 02:18 PM
John44

Default Re: Re: rolex watches

I bought a counterfeit Rolex in Tenerife from the Lookie Lookie men from a suitcase on the promonade for 20 dollars some 8 years ago, it still works and nobody can tell the difference.

The genuine article is overpriced and for poseurs.
Old March 21st, 2008, 12:51 AM
Passenger

I bought a Rolex in Cozumel 5 years ago for $80. A knock off, of course. It really does look like the real thing and it do'es keep great time. Would never pay the price of a genuine one, sooner use the money on more cruises.
Old July 18th, 2008, 03:21 AM
Captain

Send a message via Yahoo to Dannyboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrillRiderChick
We are cruising for the first time in March and visting St. Thomas and St. Maarten , my husband is interested in buying a rolex. Has anyone seen any good prices? Where?

The following additional customs and reentry rules apply for United States citizens returning from the Caribbean:

If you are a U.S. resident who has visited the Caribbean countries of Anguilla, the Cayman Islands, Guadeloupe, Martinique, St. Barth's, St. Martin (French side), or the Turks and Caicos Islands for at least 48 hours, you may bring home, for personal use, up to $800(USD) worth of goods duty-free, as long as you haven't used any portion of the $800(USD) allowance during the 30 days preceding your trip. You may combine your $800(USD) exemption with family members. If you visit one of the aforementioned islands for fewer than 48 hours, the duty-free allowance is $200(USD), which cannot be pooled with other family member's exemptions.

If you're returning from the U.S. Virgin Islands (USVI), the duty free allowance is $1,600(USD). If your Caribbean travel included the USVI and another country, the $1,600(USD) allowance still applies, but at least $800(USD) worth of goods must be from the USVI.

You may bring back to the U.S. up to one liter of alcohol (if you are 21 or older) or perfume containing alcohol, up to 200 cigarettes, and up to 100 non-Cuban cigars. If you stay less than 48 hours, you may bring home up to 150 ml of alcohol, 50 cigarettes, and 10 non-Cuban cigars.

If you visit the USVI, you are allowed to bring home up to 1,000 cigarettes (all must be from the USVI) and 5 liters of alcohol, but at least 1 liter must be from the USVI.

You may bring home original works of Caribbean art--such as paintings, drawings, and sculptures--and antiques (officially defined as objects more than 100 years old) duty-free.

You may send packages home duty-free, with a limit of one parcel per addressee per day, with the exception of alcohol or tobacco products, or perfume worth more than $5(USD).

You can mail up to $200(USD) worth of goods home to the U.S. for personal use; be sure to write "PERSONAL USE" on the parcel and attach a list of its contents and their retail value.

If you send home a parcel containing personal belongings that have been used, write "AMERICAN GOODS RETURNED" on the package to avoid a duty fee.

You may send up to $100(USD) worth of goods as a gift ($200 from the USVI) to someone in the U.S. provided you write "UNSOLICITED GIFT" on the package.
Old August 1st, 2008, 03:07 AM
First Mate

Send a message via MSN to NY Cruisin Mama

Better to check out the jewelers at the Thunderbird Flea Market on Sunrise Blvd in Ft. Lauderdale. At least, there are several stands to choose from - my DH bought a Omega Seamaster for about $ 800 plus
we got an apprasial and a money-back guarentee. These vendors are
permanent (located inside the main bldg) - I'd much rather keep my money in the US - alot easier in case there is a problem.

Mariner of the Seas - Jan. 2009 Around the Horn B2B - 30 days

Future Floats: Jan. 2011 - Rotterdam - Hawaii/Tahiti - 30 days

The breaths you take are nothing compared to the moments that take your breath away !!
Old December 29th, 2008, 02:04 PM
First Mate

We have looked at Rolexs all over the world and finally ended up in New York where we found the best price. We did purchase a TAG in Cancun and it wourked out well after we fianlly got help from the cruise line in gettimg a valid written guarntee. Price should be just one of the considerations in buying a Rolex. Suggest you find the model you like locally and check and re-check prices. There are many models out now and finding the exact same in another store may be difficult. Have at least the basic information before you arrive at the Caribbean jewelry store. Then don't forget the duty you will have to pay to customs or the sales tax you will have to pay back home. Not declaring your purchase could cost you your Rolex. Is the Rolex real and does it come in the Rolex original box with all gurantees that are valid in the country where you live? We looked in Hong Kong and found prices simiular to US prices. In China the price was cheaper however they would not sell to US citizens. Forget Switzerland, they don't want our money.Do you really want to waste your money on a fake Rolex. Everyone will know it's fake!!