Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Shopping!
Register Forgot Password?

Shopping! Recommendations for the best places to shop.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 12th, 2004, 03:43 PM
mypugbuddy

Default shopping for kids

I am going to Key West, Cozumel, Grand Caymen and Ocho Rios. I would like to get some souveneirs for my three children (ages 6 (twins) and 5). I am NOT a T-shirt or hat sort of person. I would really like to get something unique, but kid friendly for each of them. Are there any suggestions of what to get and where? My son is hinting for a carved mask or something. How much would something like that run?

Thanks,
Tammy
Sponsored Links
Old June 14th, 2004, 12:34 PM
Admiral

Default Re: shopping for kids

in Caymen there a lots of shops along the main street as you get off the tenders. Sting Ray or Sea turtle items are the popular things to buy.
Old June 21st, 2004, 09:02 AM
mypugbuddy

Thanks Lisa for the ideas on Grand Caymen. Especially since I will be going to Sting Ray City.

Will there be anyplace to shop if I go to Chichen Itza tour? (from Cozumel). My kids are showing the most interest in Mexico. Wouldn't have anything to do with the fact they have the Scooby Doo video "Monster of Mexico" would it? I really don't want to miss the shopping experience of Cozumel if I take that tour.

Tammy
Old June 21st, 2004, 02:53 PM
jamiegunter

There is a little bit of shopping at the ruins. You could get one of their aztec calenders to go on their wall. They are neat, my friend brought me one back from their trip there.
Key West will probally have some shops that have stuff for kids. Cozumel also has a store right were ship docks that has really cute mexican dolls(if you have girls). I picked one up for my niece one year. I forget what the store is called but they have one at the dock and downtown.

You wont have much time to shop if you go to ruins. We havent done the ruins, but some friends have. They only had time to do some shopping at the ruins. You may have time to run through some shops at the dock.
Old June 22nd, 2004, 09:59 AM
mypugbuddy

Okay, thank you for that info. Now I have to make a big decision whether to stay at Cozumel and shop and go to Chankanaab Park. Or go to the ruins and see and learn about acient history. Aaaaggghhhhh!!!! I want to do both.

Guess I will just have to go back again another time eh? Good luck convincing DH of that (I am going with a group of women in my family).

Tammy
Old September 2nd, 2004, 07:33 PM
First Mate

I chuckled to myslef on original thread title "shopping for kids" I am sure there are some parents on the cruise that would rent their kids out ! Sorry couldn't help myself-- (Smile)
Old October 5th, 2004, 03:32 PM
Passenger

I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO SAY THANK YOU FOR ALL THE GOOD IDEAS, I AM GOING TO DO MOST OF MY CHRISTMAS SHOPPING IN THE PORTS FOR THE KIDS. THANK YOU FOR ALL THE GREAT IDEAS.
Old October 11th, 2004, 07:45 AM
Yeoman

Check out Del Sol. They have all kinds of stuff where the color changes / comes out in sunlight. Tees, hats, plastic jewelry, hair accessories, nail polish (though it always peeled off my nails), sunglasses, bags, etc. Kids get a kick out of the stuff.

alison

PCL-Caribbean, Alaska, Panama Canal
12/02 RCI-Enchantment-Western Caribbean
12/03 RCI-Navigator-Western Caribbean
12/04 RCI-Mariner-Eastern Caribbean
12/05 RCI-Brilliance-Panama Canal