Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Shopping!
Register Forgot Password?

Shopping! Recommendations for the best places to shop.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 17th, 2004, 02:45 PM
Passenger

Default Diamonds in St Thomas/St Maarten

I am going to St. Thomas and St Maarten, and wondering which is the best for a new diamond ring for my husband and a tennis bracelet or earings for myself. Would like to go somewhere that people have stated to be reputable.
Sponsored Links
Old September 23rd, 2004, 02:41 PM
Nyla

Default Re: Diamonds in St Thomas/St Maarten

Chardot's jewelry stores. They give good service and deals and their jewelry is of good quality. I have bought 3 pieces of jewelry from them (so far).
Old September 27th, 2004, 10:56 AM
Admiral

i have had great luck at Royal Caribbean. Found the merchants on St. Maarten much more cordial and less pushy than those on St. Thomas.
Attend your ships shopping lectures for great advise, and unadvertised deals and specials at specific stores.
Have a good idea of what the item would cost if you bought it back home, similar cut, quality, clarity and carat weight.
Its a good idea to purchase items from a cruise ship recommend store, in case something goes wrong or you have a problem, you register your purchase with the cruise line and the cruise line will handle any of the repairs, refunds etc.
Old October 7th, 2004, 08:58 AM
STRAYCAT

We bought some tanzenite at Nita's in St. Martin in 1999. Every year since then, we have gotten the most beautiful Christmas card from them. When we get back there we will visit Nita's.
Old October 7th, 2004, 05:36 PM
First Mate

I always go with the cruise ship recommendations. I just feel better and so far have not had any problems.

Old October 9th, 2004, 12:45 PM
Yeoman

I trust Diamonds International, and this is where I shop.

Carol
Old March 1st, 2005, 05:50 PM
BoosterMom

We've also gotten good buys on jewelry from the cruise ship gift shop. We checked prices on internet, Cozumel and really found what I was looking for on the ship. This wasn't a cheap purchase, but it was a good buy for something we were looking for. My jeweler told me we got a good buy, he would have rated the color and clarity higher than Carnival's jewelers had done.............Diamonds International and Tanzanite International are both reputable and have stores in New York.........shop at all the shops mentioned in this thread. These cruisemates folks are good folks........