Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Shopping!
Register Forgot Password?

Shopping! Recommendations for the best places to shop.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 19th, 2005, 02:20 PM
JTowle

Default St. Barth's

Has anyone been to the shore excursion of St. Barth's lifestyle of the rich and famous?
Wondering if it was worth the money and a whole day wasted on that one excursion. thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old March 23rd, 2005, 02:02 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: St. Barth's

NO No No!!!!! I was so disappointed. The only thing that is included is the 45 minute boat ride over to the island. Then.... You have to pay extra for any tours that you may do. Really not that much to see. The only people that have houses on the island are Sylvester Stallone and Jimmy Buffett. I guess I misread the tour description but I thought that we were going to see some rich and famous houses and stuff. Nothing!!!! It is all up to you once you get on the island and they drop you off and you can't leave until they come back about 5 hours later. Shopping is very expensive, hence, rich and famous lifestyles. I don't shop at Cartier or Chanel anytime so shopping was a bust. However, I did have to buy seasick pills and Advil for a headache and it cost $14.00 at the drugstore on Main Street. By the way, the boat ride was very very choppy and people were throwing up on the way over. As you can tell, I thought this was a total waste of money and we did not get to see any of St. Marteen. Oh yea... If you don't smoke, beware.... everyone on St. Barth's seemed to smoke.