Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Shopping!
Register Forgot Password?

Shopping! Recommendations for the best places to shop.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 2nd, 2006, 04:10 PM
Beginner

Default Cozumel, Ocho Rios, and Grand Cayman!

Was wondering if there is much shopping in Cozumel, Ocho Rios, and Grand Cayman? I am a 17 year old girl and it would be nice to get something to bring back to my friends from these areas... Just looking for suggestions!!! Thanks!

Also, what kind of shopping will there be on the ship, like what kind of stores? Are they the same on every ship? I will either be on the Triumph or the Victory... Thanks...

DeeBee29
Sponsored Links
Old February 4th, 2006, 07:39 PM
Admiral

Hi - the sips stores carry the "usual" souvenir stuff: tee shirts, fleece jackets with logos etc., as well as mugs, glasses, shot glasses that kind of things. There are also clothing shops (pricey). Many ships have "gold by the inch" and "under $10.00" stores as well.

At most ports you will find shops readily available with, again, the usual. Lots of jewelry, tee shirts, wraps, sarongs, hats ..... losts of great ideas to take home as souvenirs. I always buy charms for my bracelet, and shot glasses - both are easy to pack. Mexico also offers some great hammocks, pottery and carved wooden items. And don't forget the "rum cakes" yum!!!

Have a great time - and there will be no shortage of ideas to "bring home".

TTFN Jennifer