Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Shopping!
Register Forgot Password?

Shopping! Recommendations for the best places to shop.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 31st, 2006, 02:46 PM
Admiral

Default SHOPPING WHEN YOU DON'T NEED ANYTHING

After over 20 years of cruising and that many years and more of destination vacations and shopping for crafts and art all over the place... We decided on our 50th wedding anniveraary we did not need a thing for our home, but would still like "sometthing"..So. we collected interesting at every place we stopped including Healthrow...Had more fun shoppig for t-shirts and not necessarily in our size...and we have just this day received our Memory Quilt with our wedding picture on one corner and diagnolly across our picture from the cruise ship.. and surrounding it are t-shirts from Nassau, Barcelona, Mijas, Corsica, Tuscany, Portugal, Nice and Ft. Lauderdale...It is a wonderful souvenier..I think I remember checking out the Picasso and the Miro shirts.. A bonus was a sale on the ship of children''s t-shirts with children on the t-shirt one for Italy with a gondalier,the Eiffel tower for France and a child with a bullfigher costume on for Spain.. Oh yes.. we ended up with a parrot headed cane from Mijas for Parrot Pop... not being a fan of Lladro I almost fell over in one shop at a piece that was way, way, out of our budget..and they didn't ship... Every place you look in our home is a story of our shopping and every t-shirt I can remember the little shop and the friendly and not friendly people..lol but the quilt will hold all the memories of our special cruise and keep us warm..
Sponsored Links
Old August 31st, 2006, 04:20 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to kitty2

I find I do not need to bring home more "crap" that I have to dust or find a place to keep it.

I might buy something to wear but don't really need that either.
I did find a nice rosewood bowl in Belize that I bought from a local craftsman.

We take lots of photos so that is our memory of the trip & DH is now makeing DVD's of our holiday trips
I have vowed on the next trip not to buy anything!!
Time will tell...
Old August 31st, 2006, 04:52 PM
Admiral

Default Souveniers

Besides pictures (which we both have digital cameras) the best thing and I mean the very BEST thing is memories..The memory of walking the cobblestoned streets of St. George, a memory of standing in Orvieto outside the church and realizing that the air and the light were unlike anything I had ever experienced before.. Memories don't take up space, memories can last forever and to share it with the one you love...that is the best souvenier
Old February 13th, 2013, 06:44 AM
Familiar Face

I do shopping when I don't need anything. This happen when I got the fabulous deals from online sites through mails or messages. Doing surfing at online shopping is my habit because I like to get daily new updates or deals.