Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Shopping!
Register Forgot Password?

Shopping! Recommendations for the best places to shop.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 31st, 2006, 03:42 PM
Beginner

Default Best Shopping in Orlando or Port Canaveral?

Forgive me if this seems a stupid question, but I haven't been to Florida before. We are staying in Orlando for five nights, then have two nights yet to be booked before our cruise.

Can anyone advise on the best place for shopping in or around Orlando or Port Canaveral?

Cheers!

Nikki
Sponsored Links
Old August 31st, 2006, 05:57 PM
Cruise Maniac

Well there is the premium outlet. There ucan buy authentic Coach bags at the Coach Factory. Dooney and Burke and Fendi is out there too. There is so much at this outlet. It's a must do when we visit. Also visit the Island of Adventure and Universal. Disney's waterparks Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach are so much fun especially Typhoon Lagoon. Arabian Knights and Medieval Times is interesting as well. There are coupon books all over Orlando.
Charlies Steakhouse has the best mouthwatering steaks I've ever tasted. The restaurant is very nice.
Orlando is a fun place to visit.

Old September 12th, 2006, 12:19 PM
Yeoman

There are a ton of Web sites offering info on Orlando -- and coupons. There are a couple outlet malls up there too. I haven't gone to O-town to shop lately [just to visit Disney] so I am not sure how many outlets are still up and running.

There's also a high-end mall -- Millennium maybe? I've never been to it, but my daughter went to college up there and it was her favorite shopping place!

As far as Port Canaveral ... not much in that area, except for Ron John Surf Shop in Cocoa Beach.
Old May 27th, 2008, 07:14 PM
Passenger

There is an outlet at the end of International Drive (going away from Disney) that is where I go to buy things (I live here). There is also a big (higher class) outlet mall on Hwy 535 (near downtown Disney). You can see it from I-4. It has all the premium names. All over the Disney areas there are tourist shops with towels and all things Disney. Watch the quality though. Millenium Mall is also off I-4 and close to International Drive. It is not an outlet. It also has the higher name brands. It is a nice mall with some good places to eat.
Old June 8th, 2008, 04:48 AM
Passenger

Orlando = shopping!
Port Canaveral = ???

I have spent a week in Orlando each of the last two years. As others have mentioned, there are plenty of malls....
*Premium Outlets, the one with Coach mentioned, I-4 exit 68 (Hwy 535) turn left at Vineland Avenue.
*Lake Buena Vista Outlets, not far from Premium Outlets, on Hwy 535 east of I-4
*Prime Outlets, at the NORTH end of International Drive
*Festival Bay, not an outlet, but does have Ron Jons, on International Drive just south of Prime Outlets
*The Florida Mall, not an outlet, but it's HUGE... I haven't been there but I've heard about it and saw it off of the Beachline Expressway.
*ROSS stores I don't know where you're from, but where I'm at there are no ROSS stores, and that's pretty upsetting. Similar to but better than TJ Maxx. They are everywhere in Florida!

Last year, we bought so many new clothes and shoes that we shipped home 80 lbs. of clothes and still packed our suitcases FULL! Definately awesome shopping in Orlando!

Carnival Legend 5/4