CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Shopping! (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/shopping/)
-   -   How have you been saving up a little more spending money? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/shopping/356539-how-have-you-been-saving-up-little-more-spending-money.html)

JayTuk September 23rd, 2008 06:18 PM

How have you been saving up a little more spending money?

I'm excited for my next cruise! I usually save up enough money to go on cruises, but I never have much spending money that I can spend while on the cruise. This next cruise, I want to be able to have a little fun spending money. So I have started using free coupons and have been trying to save money in other ways. But I want to save up as much as I can. What do you do to save money?

Aunt Bear September 27th, 2008 03:40 PM

I too am a SHOPPER and a vacation without a little extra for shopping well, :cry:

Since we booked the cruise both DH and I have not pulled change out of our pockets when paying for something - if it is $3.09, I pull out 4 singles and silently think, that's 91 cents for the cruise! At least once a week I have to empty my change into the gallon ziplock I've got going because my purse gets so heavy! This seriously adds up!

Also when I write a check for groceries I ask to write the check for $20 over the amount and I secret that away in the back of my check book where I don't see it. Of course you could do $5 or $10 if the durn grocery bill is already making you gasp :shock: and we know it can!

I have great hopes for my "savings plan" - we will see how well I done next April LOL

SAAdds1 January 2nd, 2009 04:12 PM

I have been putting $20 ever Friday into a ceramic bank since September. Sometimes I put more. We thought we were going to Las Vegas this summer for our 25th wedding anniversary, so this was going to be our gambling money. Now, we've decided to go on a cruise, so this will just be our extra money. So far, I've saved $513. I pulled it out of the piggy bank and put it into our savings account so it will earn a little interest.

Trip January 6th, 2009 04:44 PM

I design, and bead jewelry, which is sold in the boutique I work in, this has been my cruise kitty:)

sparks23 February 21st, 2009 10:06 PM

I have a coconut monkey that i got on my last cruise while sitting by the pool! and i have been sticking my extra change in there. I also have sold a few things on craigslist.com which is kinda like a swap shop or flea market online for your local area. that money goes in there, and then when im at the grocery store i get like $10 or $20 cash back on my weekly shopping..that has helped alot.

april19820 April 21st, 2009 02:52 PM

I also never use my change. I try and put $20 a week in a big jar that my daughter and I decorated to say "crui$e ca$h" Weekly I put my change in there as well. Hopefully we will have extra this year as we have more time between this cruise and our last one.