Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Shopping!
Register Forgot Password?

Shopping! Recommendations for the best places to shop.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 8th, 2011, 10:27 PM
Familiar Face

Default Stainless cookware, where to buy

I will be in Montego Bay, 11-2, Grand Cayman 11-3, Cozumel on 11-4. Is there a reputable place to purchase stainless cookware, of good quality and at a good price? I will be looking for Al Clad, Bon Jour, or similar type of brands. A 10 piece set is what I will be looking for, or if I could find individual pieces, will work also. Thanks for any information.
Sponsored Links
Old September 8th, 2011, 11:00 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

I don't know why you would want to buy this, so far from home. The 3 ports you mentioned, especially GC, has no bargains. I have not seen pots and pans in tourist areas, that I can remember. Shipping it home would be $$, and, eat up any savings, and, bringing it back to the ship, creates it's own set of issues

I am sure with research at home, you could get a great deal..have a great cruise.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old September 9th, 2011, 09:48 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
I don't know why you would want to buy this, so far from home. The 3 ports you mentioned, especially GC, has no bargains. I have not seen pots and pans in tourist areas, that I can remember. Shipping it home would be $$, and, eat up any savings, and, bringing it back to the ship, creates it's own set of issues

I am sure with research at home, you could get a great deal..have a great cruise.

I totally agree with Trip on this one, have never seen cookware available in the tourist areas, it would put you way over your luggage allowance on the airline and it would cost $$$ to send it home, check out the sales at home.
Old September 9th, 2011, 05:01 PM
Familiar Face

Thanks for the help. I haven't seen cookware before, but I haven't looked for pot and pans while on a cruise. I can find a few bargains here, but if I could have purchased an Al Clad at a good discount, which never happens in the states, I would have been interested. I live local to Galveston and drive to the port, which allows me a bit of leeway in carrying back items that normal would have to be shipped.
Thanks again.
Old September 9th, 2011, 05:22 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

As you shop, why not ask, in one of the stores, if there is a shop around, that sells, home goods....there could be a good one that the locals use, it's worth a shot,and driving home, sure does change the circumstances..good luck!

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator