Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Shore Excursions
Register Forgot Password?

Shore Excursions Snorkeling, SCUBA, sightseeing - discuss ports and activities

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 24th, 2000, 07:46 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via ICQ to Kim
Default Fort Lauderdale

My husband and I are getting off of the Celebrity Century and staying in Fort Lauderdale on a Sat. night.9/2/00. I will have my 17 yr. old sister with me and we are meeting my Dad there. We are celebrating our 10th anniversary there and I am looking for a place to go that is on the beach with dance music(DJ or live band) in the FLL area or in Hollywood (we have to get on a plane the next morning). The ultimate would be a hotel on the beach if it's nice and not too expensive with a club in it or one next door. Any suggestions???
Sponsored Links
Old August 25th, 2000, 03:27 PM
First Mate

Default RE: Fort Lauderdale

I think your best bet would be a hotel on A1A and near Las Olas Blvd, this is right on the beach, and there are quite a few restaurants bars and hotels right along this strip. My wife and I live down in Hollywood on the beach, and it doesn't have much in the way of beach front night life <s>. But A1A and Las Olas is very "hopping"...people watching is a blast, and lots of places to dance also. My wife and I are low 30's, and we go up there quite often

Dan
Old August 26th, 2000, 12:12 AM
Sunbear

Default RE: Fort Lauderdale

I live in Ft. Lauderdale. If you are looking for dance/clubs/ nightlife south Florida is the place to be. Just go to the beach and walk around if you want younger, crazy fun. Go to Las Olas Blvd, if you want more refined, yuppy fun or the is also Riverfront right off Las Olas that has clubs, movie theater, bars, restaurants and other fun stuff. Try to stay near the water or Las Olas and then you will be in walking or quick cab ride distance to tons of fun stuff. Have a great time in my hometown .
-Sunbear