Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Shore Excursions
Register Forgot Password?

Shore Excursions Snorkeling, SCUBA, sightseeing - discuss ports and activities

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 27th, 2000, 02:13 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to Mark Send a message via Yahoo to Mark
Default Panama Canal Excursions

I will be cruising on the 10/6 Galaxy thru the Panama Canal. I've picked the most likely excurions that I'll be taking, but wanted to hear comments from those with experience.

Cabos San Lucas: Will take the Land's End boat & land tour if it leaves early in morning so that we can have some beach time in the afternoon.

Acapulco: No tours. Will go on own to beach and see the cliff divers at night.

Costa Rica: River tour.

Cartagena: Will tour town on own.

Aruba: This port has too many choices! I reserved a jeep (Avis, at cruise terminal) but will also try to include the Atlantis Submarine. Can anyone give some insight to the lines I'll encounter at the Avis check in???

Curacao: Snorkeling tour offered by cruise line.

St Thomas: No tour. Will take Red Hook ferry to St John and rent a car or jeep, (we don't have a reservation). We will then drive around the island and probably snorkel at Trunk Bay. (Is snorkeling equiptment available at Trunk Bay)?

Please comment about my choices (ie; skip the snorkeling in Curacau and try the liqueur tour instead).

Thanks,
Mark
Sponsored Links
Old September 29th, 2000, 01:27 PM
Seadaze

Default RE: Panama Canal Excursions

Hi Mark..... I was a little concerned that you want to see Cartagena on your own. There are so many vendors pushing goods at you constantly, it can get overwhelming. We took an organized tour into town for shopping and the old walled fort, and were glad we did.
Another place in Acapulco we really enjoyed was the Acapulco Princess Hotel. It it really beautiful, many outside restaurants, waterfalls, flamingos, and is right on the beach. It is quite distance from the port, out by the airport, but well worth seeing. Panama Canal is our favorite cruise, have a great trip!!
Old September 29th, 2000, 07:15 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to Mark Send a message via Yahoo to Mark
Default RE: Panama Canal Excursions

Thanks for your advice! My wife has friends in Colombia who will be meeting us in Cartagena.

-Mark