Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Shore Excursions
Register Forgot Password?

Shore Excursions Snorkeling, SCUBA, sightseeing - discuss ports and activities

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 30th, 2001, 12:56 AM
First Mate

Default Excursion to Nova Scotia

Anyone have suggestions for excursion on NCL cruise to Nova Scotia? The only thing that looks OK is the Ocean Kayak tour out of Maine. How about Peggy's Cove and Lobster Bake in Halifax?
Sponsored Links
Old July 30th, 2001, 03:14 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Excursion to Nova Scotia

A trip to Peggy's Cove is a must to experience the area of Nova Scotia. Why go for a lobster bake when you should have Lobster for diner on board your cruise. It may be quaint, but it will be messy.
Bon Voyage
Old July 31st, 2001, 11:06 PM
First Mate

Thank you for your info. I hoped I picked the right trip. I did the Lobster bake only because it seemed to make it more festive and maybe more party-like. The other alternative was to just take the bus tour up and back.
Anyway, I can always use anoather Lobster!
Thanks again,
Chuck
Old August 1st, 2001, 01:00 AM
bel

I was born and raised in the Maritimes and I can asure you that a Lobster Bake will not come close to eating a Loster Tail in the Dining Room. You are likely to see the critters live and up close before their cooked, and I'm sure you'll be instructed on how to pull apart, crack open and savour every last leg and fin from your Lobster as you are covered in it's juices(better take the bib offered or expect to get some on you). Now how can that compare to being served ready done Lobster in the Dining Room!