Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Shore Excursions
Register Forgot Password?

Shore Excursions Snorkeling, SCUBA, sightseeing - discuss ports and activities

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 25th, 2001, 01:42 PM
Passenger

Default Wildlife excursions in Belize...

Are there any you're familiar with that aren't offered by the cruise line? Also, is the wildlife in Belize something worth exploring? We're going on the Norwegian Sun on 1/5/02 with our kids 11 & 6. It seems like Belize is the one stop where there's not as much to see & do. We're perfectly happy with a great snorkel spot & beach to spend the day with great scenery, so if you have any suggestions on places, we'd love those too!!

Thanks!

Christine
Sponsored Links
Old December 1st, 2001, 02:54 AM
Travelnut237

Default Re: Wildlife excursions in Belize...

Hi Christine,
Old December 1st, 2001, 02:54 AM
Travelnut237

Hi Christine,
Old December 1st, 2001, 03:03 AM
Travelnut237

Hi Christine,,,,sorry about that,,,,keep hitting the wrong keys,,,LOl,,,anyhow we went to Belize in 2000,,,,but we did the excursion thru the ship,,,called "a day at the ranch" and must say I highly recommend this!!!!!! It's kinda $$$ but we had a ball,,,,infact several of the folks that went with us are talking about taking that cruise again just to get to spent another day at that ranch,,,,,we went horse back riding thru the jungles of Belize,,,,with at guide of course,,,had lunch at the ranch,,,tooka boat down the Belize river with the ranch hands,,,,,I actually got into a cage with a jaguar,,,,HONEST!!! They had lots of parots, myna birds,,,,and other birds to check out,,,,and howler monkeys also,,,,,it was just a very interesting day. Cant say enough about it. But if you think you might like to do this,,,be sure to take lots of bug spray with you,,,I didn't and got ate alive,,,,not by the jaguar,,, !!! It also books out early,,,so sign up for it as soon as you get on ship. It's well worth the $$$ I am not an experienced horse person,,,the owner checks everyone out and hand picks the horses for you. They have a web site,,,,it's bananaranch.com check it out.
Old December 7th, 2001, 11:25 AM
taryn_mcneal

I went to Belize a couple years ago as one of my port of calls and I didn't expect much but it was actually a pleasant surprise. It's quite beautiful and lush and as far as activities, they do have decent snorkeling, kayaking and they have ancient ruins as well. We went to Blue Hole National Park which was very impressive, I highly recommend it. As far as shopping, this is not the port for it. It's more of an ecological gem.

Hope that helps!
Taryn~
Old January 30th, 2002, 12:56 PM
Admiral

I've heard the Belize Zoo is something to check out, but since I haven't been there yet, I'm not too sure. Supposedly the animals were abandoned when a documentary film lost it's funding. An animal handler adopted them and created this zoo.

Has anyone been there? I'm not exactly expecting Miami Zoo, but how was it?