Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Shore Excursions
Register Forgot Password?

Shore Excursions Snorkeling, SCUBA, sightseeing - discuss ports and activities

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 28th, 2001, 01:04 PM
Marnie

Default snorkeling St. Croix, St. Thomas or St. John

I'm cruising in Jan 02 to St. Croix, St. Thomas/St. John. Which has the best snorkeling? I'm looking for a place with very calm water. The people I'm going with don't trust me after I took them snorkeling in Hawaii. The water was deep and very rough and it was a lot of work to not get swept out to sea. I've snorkeled several times around Cancun and the Dominican Republic and the water was very calm, clear and shallow. Can I expect the same in the Virgin Islands?
Sponsored Links
Old November 28th, 2001, 04:35 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default Re: snorkeling St. Croix, St. Thomas or St. John

Though I'm not much of a snorkler, I'm told Trunk Bay at St John actually has a marked underwater snorkeling trail.

Regards,
Kuki
Old November 28th, 2001, 08:00 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Marnie,
I have to agree with Kuki, been snorkeling at St. John's Trunk Bay and I think it will be a hit with the group you are cruising with, you can also rent snorleing equipment there as well. Besides the marked trail, you can also swim around this island out there, lots of decent coral to look at and a good amount of fish, worth the trip over there, have fun!

Donna
Tuesday Chat Host
Old November 29th, 2001, 10:23 AM
Yeoman

Snorkeling at Coki Beach in St. Thomas is also pretty good. Lots of fish to look at due to Coral World being right next door. If you bring a piece of bread along they will eat right out of your hand. They have showers and lockers at Coki Beach.
Old December 3rd, 2001, 07:54 PM
ric and jan creamer

I have a question? We will be sailing the first week of Feb on the Destiny. Can I make it snorkeling at Megan's Bay, St. Johns and back to Shop in St Tthomas all in one day? Thanks.

Ric and Jan
Old January 22nd, 2003, 10:36 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: snorkeling St. Croix, St. Thomas or St. John

It would be hard to make it from St. Thomas to St. John/Trunk Bay and back for shopping. The boat trip over to St. John is about 20 mins. and then u need to count time to take a taxi from the harbor in St. J to Trunk Bay. The trip is well worth it, and if u're given enough time- I reccoment taking a trip over to St. John
If its good snorkeling ur after, and ur a decent swimmer--Waterlemon Cay is the way to go. Its a little hike down a short trail, but its well worth the walk- amazing(!) underwater creatures here-Sea turtles, great coral and an amzing array of fish
Enjoy!