Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Shore Excursions
Register Forgot Password?

Shore Excursions Snorkeling, SCUBA, sightseeing - discuss ports and activities

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 21st, 2001, 03:23 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Where's the biggest party ?

I'm a 20 year old male going w/ my family on a cruise . . . it's the Imagination and we're leaving Jan 3rd at 4pm

I want to PARTY . . . . instead of posting up (that means you ROBOCOP) about how I shouldn't party and it's not morally right or whatever bs it may be . . . just save it for the birds I will be partying and I just wondered what other people found as to be the best things to do . . . ie, the happy hour sailings or whatever it may be that you liked

We're going to Cozumel I believe . . . any suggestions as to where the biggest party is once off the boat or even any thing you think i'd wanna know about would be very helpful, thanks in advance!

-Brian
bllindsa@mtu.edu
Sponsored Links
Old December 21st, 2001, 04:48 PM
Yeoman

Default Re: Where's the biggest party ?

Fiesta Party Boat is the biggest party in Cozumel. As a bonus for you the drinking age on several of the Cozumel excursions is only 18. I was on the Catamaran Sail, Snorkel and Beach Party excursion and the drinking age was only 18 (beer and margerhitas were included).

If you plan on "having a good time" make sure someone stays remotely with it to get you back to the ship on time, the excursions are good for this but it you go to Carlos and Charlies you are on your own.
Old December 21st, 2001, 05:07 PM
Passenger

The absolute biggest, wildest party is at Carlos & Charlies in town. Trust me...It was wild when we got there at 7PM so you can just imagine a little later on.
Old December 21st, 2001, 07:45 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Thanks guys, anyone else ?

Thanks a lot guys, ok I just asked and I guess you have to be back on the ship at 10pm or something gay like that . . . . . but are the drinking ages at "carlos and charlies" 18+ ? Man it really sucks being 20, lol Any other strategies that worked for you guys . . . . ie, how can i drink on the boat ? I'm going w/ someone that is 23 and will buy me drinks if necessary, do they have Carnival Rent a cops or anything ? i'm planning on bringing a half gallon of liquor in my suitcase . . . .I don't want to shame my family by being cuffed by some wanna be police man for enjoying a few drinks . . LoL

For real though thanks for the advise

Quote:
I was on the Catamaran Sail, Snorkel and Beach Party excursion and the drinking age was only 18 (beer and margerhitas were included).
How and where can i get tickets . . . . I'm There
Old December 22nd, 2001, 01:55 PM
Yeoman

You have to be back on the ship 30 minutes prior to sailing, so that depends on whenever your ship leaves. I know the Sensation left early, like 6-7pm.

I didn't go to Carlos and Charlies, just walked by so I don't know their drinking age. It is quite a party there.

You will not be able to buy liqour on the ship. Your sign and sail card will alert the bar staff to the fact you are underage. On the ship the drinking age is 21.

Unless you get out of control on the ship there shouldn't be a problem, but if you do they can put you off at the next port and you have to find your own way home. This happened to several people on our cruise on the Fascination. They got very intoxicated and started a fight in one of the bars and they were put off the ship in Dominica the next morning left to find their own way home.

Your carry on liqour may or may not be confescated. Just depends on if they notice it in your suitcase.
Old January 9th, 2002, 08:21 PM
Bhw

Carlos and Charlies was the best! I never saw them card the whole time I was in there. They never carded on the ship either, that I saw. I THINK if you stay under control, you are pretty safe. But that is my opinion.