Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Shore Excursions
Register Forgot Password?

Shore Excursions Snorkeling, SCUBA, sightseeing - discuss ports and activities

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 24th, 2001, 12:32 PM
Angela Martin

Default Majahual(Costa Maya) activities

Hey there, everybody! Happy Holidays...

Has anyone been to Majahual(Costa Maya) and taken any excursions on their own? The cruise line's offering were (I thought) a little expensive and didn't include any snorkeling which is supposed to be terrific in Costa Maya.

I found a web site that said the port has a lot of shopping and some sort of show(Aztec traditional dance) available. Are there people who will give you a tour of the local area that hang out there? I've had a lot of luck with that approach on the Carribean islands in the past.

Thanks in advance,
Angie
Sponsored Links
Old January 9th, 2002, 03:04 PM
alice

Default Re: Majahual(Costa Maya) activities

let me know what you have find out, also what does boat offer, ive been searching also and have had no luck and havent got any boat offerings yet to refer too. what are thier prices and what do they offer.

thanks

when do you go?
alice i leave 3/10
Old January 9th, 2002, 04:34 PM
Angie

Default Re: Majahual(Costa Maya) activities

I leave January 12th for a cruise on the 13th. I'll be sure to write what I find out about this port. I found a few websites that provide some limited information about the area and things to do. It seems less developed and probably will be (I hope) a little less touristy than some of the other ports.

Here's a site for a resort in Costa Maya~~http://www.costa-maya.com/. There's some information here but not much. If you're a snorkler or diver, it seems there's a lot of that to be done in the area.

The other informative link I found is~~http://www.puertocostamaya.com/.
It's the official port website. There is some good information and a map of the area. Supposedly, there is a large shopping area right off the pier. I'm sure there will be information there, too.

I'm hoping to possibly do a kayak adventure here. There's a place called Ibis Island where they take tour groups. This isn't something offered from the ship, so I'm going to take my chances and try to book it on my own. Otherwise, I'll probably just go snorkelling close to the pier, since there is supposedly some nice areas on the adjacent beaches.

Angie