CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Shore Excursions (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/shore-excursions/)
-   -   help with excursions! (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/shore-excursions/298077-help-excursions.html)

Charlene Hempler January 2nd, 2002 10:38 PM

help with excursions!

I need some help with some suggestions on excursions. We are a group of 10 this cruise. We leave from New Orleans April28th 2002. We have been to jamaica, Grand Cayman, And Cozumel before but want to do the water excursions this time. Mostly just relaxing on the beaches and a little swimming. I need some info on where to go in jamaica. I have read a few things about a resort that we can go to and then it is only a short walk to Margaritaville. That is what we would like. My problem is I am unsure of going on an excursion without it being planned and set up by the cruiselines. If someone can help me out here.... I would appreciate it a lot. I am the group leader and I have to set it all up....... so......HELP! email me as soon as possible with any suggestions.... thanks so much! Char

alice January 5th, 2002 01:24 AM

Re: help with excursions!

ill let you know when i get back in march i go to princess cays, grand cayman, costa maya and cozumel and plan on booking off the boat. i hope that wont be too late for you

Charlene Hempler January 5th, 2002 01:36 AM

THANKS, THAT WOULD BE GREAT! WE LEAVE APRIL 28, 2002. I CANT WAIT..... THANKS AGAIN. HAVE A GREAT CRUISE... I KNOW YOU WILL! CHAR

alice January 6th, 2002 02:21 AM

i know in cayman the stingray it the in thing, as for cozumel, there are dolphin swims, scuba and snorkeling all available, there is also and submarine tour at one of these i think g cayman. any specific water stuff i should keep my eye open for?

Karen January 6th, 2002 11:05 AM

At Gand Cayman, grab a cab to seven mile beach. cab fare about $3.00 each and will be lined up at pier. Beautiful safe beach. Ther are hotles ther where you can hang out for the day, about $15.00 each per day. Just ask. If you want to snorkel, walk from pier to Eden Rock, about two blocks to the right. Free snorkleing, small beach area, and snorkel and dive rentals.

Charlene Hempler January 6th, 2002 12:57 PM

THANKS FOR THE INFO ON GRAND CAYMAN. WHAT I AM REALLY INTERESTED IN IS JAMAICA..... MONTEGO BAY....... THERE IS A PLACE CALLED DR. CAVE AND IT IS WITHIN WALKING DISTANCE TO MARGARITAVILLE. THIS IS WHAT I NEED TO KNOW. CAN I GET A PRIVATE CAB TO TAKE US THERE AND THEN WE CAN WALK TO MARGARITAVILLE. THEN WE CAN GET A CAB BACK TO THE DOCKS??? IS THIS SAFE OR IS IT EVEN FEASABLE TO DO. I HAVE BEEN TO JAMAICA AND HAVE DONE THE SHOPPING TOUR. GOT TO SPEND 15 MINUTES IN MARGARITAVILLE AND THOUGHT IT WOULD BE FUN TO GO BACK. I HEARD THERE WAS A SHUTTLE THAT TAKES YOU TO DR.CAVE FOR A FEW DOLLARS AND THE FOR A FEE TO THE RESORT BEACH TO USE. I NEED MORE INFO ON THIS. IF YOU OR ANYONE CAN HELP OUT. I DO APPRECIATE THE HELP. IN CAYMAN WE ARE GOING ON A RESORT ON SEVEN MILE BEACH. HAVING LUNCH AND JUST HANGING OUT THE MOST OF THE DAY. I ALSO HEAR THAT THERE IS A LITTLE SHOPPING MALL THING NEAR THE DOCKS . SO I THOUGHT WE COULD SHOP A LITTLE BEFORE WE GET OUT TENDER BACK TO THE SHIP. COZUMEL WE ARE JUST SHOPPING. THEN BACK TO THE SHIP TO HAVE A RELAXING AFTERNOON. THERE ARENT MANY PEOPLE ON BOARD THEN AND HAVE MOST OF IT TO OURSELVES. THANKS AGAIN..... CHAR

Lori January 7th, 2002 10:57 AM

In Cozumel, rent a car (cheap) and drive to the other side of the island. The beaches are gorgeous. We ended up in town for a couple hours at the end of our day.

Theresa January 30th, 2002 01:16 PM

As far as Jamaica goes, taking a private taxi would be fine, just be sure that you get a JUTA taxi. They are the most reputable. Your resort check-in/out desk should be able to set this up for you.