Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Shore Excursions
Register Forgot Password?

Shore Excursions Snorkeling, SCUBA, sightseeing - discuss ports and activities

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 28th, 2002, 10:15 PM
Passenger

Default Snorkeling in St. Thomas & St. Martin

Hello,

I posted for some excursion help for my last cruise in November and received great advice, so I'm back again. This time we are going to the Eastern Caribbean on 2/9 so we're looking to snorkel in St. Thomas and St. Martin. From what I've read, Coki beach is the place in St. Thomas and Dawn Beach in St. Martin. There will be three of us and we want to do this on our own as our experience is its cheaper. What I would like to know is first, are these the right places to snorkel and second, what is the expected cab fare to get to the beaches and back? Also, can you rent snorkel gear at both of these places? If so, do you know the rental price? Any assistance you can provide is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Shawn
Sponsored Links
Old January 31st, 2002, 06:24 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Snorkeling in St. Thomas & St. Martin

Dawn beach is a fabulous beach, had a great day there in November, however, I'm not sure that there is much snorkeling there. I saw only one guy doing it. Cab fare was $15 for two of us .
I'm sure there are many places tosnorkel in St. Martin , Pinel Island is one . This is usually offered as a tour off most ships.