Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Shore Excursions
Register Forgot Password?

Shore Excursions Snorkeling, SCUBA, sightseeing - discuss ports and activities

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 10th, 2002, 09:12 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Cartegena,Colon, Limon

I will be sailing on celebrity's Millenium this summer. I went to the book store and searched for info. on Cartegena, Colon, and Limon. I then searched the internet. Results: Nothing Someone should write a book I am looking for into. on these ports and what to do and see.
Thanks
Laura
Sponsored Links
Old February 17th, 2002, 11:03 AM
Holly

Default Re: Cartegena,Colon, Limon

go to yr. local library. Books have been written. Also, try
www.cruisectitics.com for their section. We have been to Panama and costa rica. Did whitewater rafting in CR, GREAT!. Did our own in Panama but many people did the all day gates/locks tour (very $$$) and all seemed to love it.
Old February 20th, 2002, 01:21 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to pbenjamin

Anne Vipond's Panama Canal by Cruise Ship is a good resource, but you aren't likely to find it in a library since it has only been out for a couple of months.
Old February 24th, 2002, 10:12 AM
Holly

Don't linit yrself to "by cruise ship" type books. Get some on the specific area/country. I have done this for our last 2 cruises and we made up ourown tours by hiring a car and english speaking driver for what we wanted to do. Also asked for suggestions from the driver. Just be sure you can understand each other well enough and you know what it will cost up front. If you add or change and run more time be sure to add to the compensation accordingly.
Old February 26th, 2002, 08:57 PM
Vicki C

We were in Cartegena 2 years ago. Make sure you go to the Dungeons for the shopping. We took a half day tour off the ship(Dawn Princess) and loved it. We got to see everything in the old town and had time to shop also.
Vicki
Old March 1st, 2002, 09:12 PM
Jimmi Ann

Did you do the White water rafting thru a ship-sponsored shore excursion or on your own? Which cruise line, and when did you sail? Also, can you tell me the cost? Thanks--we are hoping to white water raft in Costa Rica!

Jimmi Ann