Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Shore Excursions
Register Forgot Password?

Shore Excursions Snorkeling, SCUBA, sightseeing - discuss ports and activities

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 12th, 2002, 09:52 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Paradise Eastern Caribbean Excursions

I have seen the list of Shore Tours on the Carnival website for Nassau, San Juan and St. Thomas. Does anyone have a relatively current Carnival price list for each of the tours or know where I can find one?

Thanks in advance.

Barry
Sponsored Links
Old March 13th, 2002, 08:16 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Paradise Eastern Caribbean Excursions

I did that itinerary 2 years ago... I hated the excursion to the rainforest at San Juan.. loved taking the ferry to St.John from St. Thomas and snorkeling at Trunkbay .It was amazing and plan to do it again..Just call Carnival and they will fax or send through the mail an updated list of excursion. I just had one sent on my next cruise. Paradise is a nice ship.. But dont get caught with any smoking materials. We had people kicked off the boat because of it. Its taken very seriously... Have fun...

Paula..

Old March 14th, 2002, 10:20 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Paula, thx for the info.

Old March 22nd, 2002, 07:20 AM
chelsea

Default Re: Re: Paradise Eastern Caribbean Excursions

Paula:

Can I ask why you hated the excursion to the rainforrest? We were planning to take this tour and would love any advice or opinions? Just don't want to go on a tour that is awful and waste our mone, so would welcome any input. Thanks...........
Old March 22nd, 2002, 07:12 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Paradise Eastern Caribbean Excursions

Hi Chelsea...
Ok where do i begin... I did take the excursion offered by Carnival. The bus that we boarded was a rattle trap. The windows were broken and there was no heat or air. We traveled quite a ways and stopped at a small gift stand where we were expected to but something. There was one potty at the gift shop and the entire bus stood in line ( we had traveled some distance). We boarded the bus and went through some horrible areas and i prayed that we would not break down. I was very glad that i was not traveling with my children. As we got nearer to the rainforest it started to rain and the rain came pouring in through the broken windows. We got up to the rainforest ( just looked like a jungle to me) and it was raining so bad that most of the bus did not want to get out. They let you out for about a 20 min period to walk and take pictures and put you back on the bus for your long journey back. Only this time they stop on the side of the road for people that need to go potty at burger king. They also take a different route back through an awful part of the city that is like no ghetto that you have ever seen on TV! Again i prayed that the bus would not break down. Now dont think im just some negative person I love traveling and adventure but this was a horrible 4 hr trip that i would never do again even if it were for free! I feel like we totally wasted our day in San Juan and regret that we did not get to see the awesome old fort across from the peir. Also a word of advice be careful walking the streets after dark in San Juan even the police were intimidating and i am a cop! Take care and have fun at whatever you do..
Paula..