Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Shore Excursions
Register Forgot Password?

Shore Excursions Snorkeling, SCUBA, sightseeing - discuss ports and activities

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 2nd, 2002, 01:09 AM
First Mate

Default Victoria/Butchart Gardens?

Hi there....

Our ship arrives in Vancouver at 7:00am on 6/7 and we fly out the next morning. We're trying to figure out if we have time to visit Butchart Gardens......

All I know is that you have to take a ferry to Victoria Island and I'm not at all clear how far away everything is. From what I can tell, most of the Butchart Gardens tours leave around 7 or 7:30 and I assume we don't have time to catch one of those. If we took the bus or a rental car, how much driving time are we talking about?

Thanks for your help!
Sponsored Links
Old May 6th, 2002, 01:03 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Victoria/Butchart Gardens?

YOu'll have to take a ferry to Victoria from Vancouver. The largest ferries leave from a port about half hour from Vancouver and take about an hour and a half to cross (the crossing is quite nice) then from the port on Vancouver Isalnd it is only a short drive to Butchart gardens - a beautiful place - you can have a nice lunch there - and in the summer the ferries run quite late. If you have a time a beautiful place to visit. But if you decide not to, Vancouver has a lovely public park - with a rose garden and other flowers though nothing like Butchart.