Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Shore Excursions
Register Forgot Password?

Shore Excursions Snorkeling, SCUBA, sightseeing - discuss ports and activities

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 8th, 2002, 08:59 AM
alprice

Default possible to book 2 excusions?

Is it possible to do 2 shoe excursios while in cayman? We want to do the islkand tour (2 hours) and stingray city (3 hours) - Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old June 8th, 2002, 02:40 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: possible to book 2 excusions?

Hi Alprice,
I would say it all depends on how long you are in Grand Cayman, how much time in between the 2 tours?? Remember also, you have to tender there, and if you are doing a ships excursion, you will be able to tender sooner than the rest. I wouldn't cut it too close for the 2nd one??

Message Boards Moderator
Old June 10th, 2002, 01:38 PM
Yeoman

Default Re: Re: possible to book 2 excusions?

Carnival has a Stingray city and island tour. I would think that the other lines would have something similiar. You hit the highlights of the island prior to going to stingray city (Hell, the turtle farm, ect).
Old June 13th, 2002, 05:03 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to UConn1 Send a message via MSN to UConn1

I still have my excursion information form from the Triumph in May 02 and here is the information on the two tours:

Stingray City Leaves at 8am, 10:30am, and 1245pm from the Club Rio and Pier and Pier, respectively.

The Island Tour leaves at 8am and 11am from the Club Rio and Pier respectively.

It looks like if you do the Island tour at 8am and the Stingray City at 12:45, you should be able to do both. That is if you are in port the same hours we were. Which ship are you on?

Jodi

Old August 16th, 2002, 02:11 PM
Jennie

Just got off the Carnival Imagination, which stopped in Grand Cayman. We docked at 7. We were able to do two excursions but the time was cut kind of close. Our first excursion was the Sea and See Tour at 8:15. We didn't even get off the boat until about 9 and the tour started around 9:15. I'm not sure why they did it that way. Anyway that tour was a lot of fun-- we did a glass bottom boat, went to hell, the turtle farm, stopped at the beach, and ended in Georgetown. Then we had booked the 12:45 tour of Stingray City. We made it back to Georgetown around 12, walked around and grabbed something to eat then made it back to catch the bus to the boat. Stingray City was interesting-- I don't like swimming with the fish but it was interesting to watch. Everyone in the water is screaming and jumping around! The stingrays are huge! We made it back in time for the last tender back to the ship. So we had a real busy day and saw a lot.

Where else is your boat stopping?