Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Shore Excursions
Register Forgot Password?

Shore Excursions Snorkeling, SCUBA, sightseeing - discuss ports and activities

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 25th, 2002, 11:14 PM
Passenger

Default Golden Eagle snorkel ship tour

Has anyone been on the Golden Eagle snorkel ship tour? We will be cruising in May. Interested in snorkel trips. We will be in St. Thomas, St.Maarten/St.Martin and Half Moon Cay.(San Juan if we can't Tender}
Sponsored Links
Old August 29th, 2002, 12:01 PM
Yeoman

Default Re: Golden Eagle snorkel ship tour

We've done this twice and would not hesitate to do it again. We've had such a good time on this excursion, I'm afraid that I will never get to see the rest of St. Maarten, as I'm sure when we go back we will do this again. The first time was pretty smooth sailing, the second was a little rough, but it was a blast! The crew were simply the best. Champagne, drinks, beers, etc. are served the entire time. You sail to a small island called Tintamarre. It's isolated, with occasional sunbathers on the far end of the island our first trip. You can jump off of the catamaran snorkle or explore the island. The crew was great tossing beers and drinks off the boat to the those floating around in the water, just an all around good good time. They also serve snacks. There were a few people who were sick on the second trip we took, so if you are prone to this, I would probably take a little medication before the cruise. My husband was one who got sick, but he was certain it was due to drinking a beer while sitting up front on the nets and saltwater splasing in his beer. Even with being a little sick, he loved this excursion and said he would do it again.
Old August 29th, 2002, 02:08 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Golden Eagle snorkel ship tour

Sounds great! How was the snorkeling? What kind of fish did you see? Thank you for all the info. I can't wait to go.