Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Shore Excursions
Register Forgot Password?

Shore Excursions Snorkeling, SCUBA, sightseeing - discuss ports and activities

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 23rd, 2002, 10:22 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default First timers lose?

I read somewhere that first time cruisers are at the bottom of the list when it comes to excursion choices. Therefore if I sign up early for my cruise excursions and Mr and Mrs Princess Captain's Circle members do also and the excursions are full, I'll be put on the waiting list or cancelled from it. I am also a travelling single so I suspect that is another black mark against me. How true is this? I have not chosen all my excursions yet, but I will definitely not be surprised if there is no room for me! I understand membership has it's privileges, but I am curious if this is indeed true and it is not first come first served.

Kris
Sponsored Links
Old September 24th, 2002, 07:52 AM
Admiral

Default Re: First timers lose?

My experience is that new traveller or repeat traveller makes no difference. We always make it our priority to review and determine which excursions we want long before our trip. We then go on line and book them or make a bee line to the excursion office when boarding to get our excursions in. We have never been shut out of an excursion.
Some folks wait until the day before they arrive at a port to look into excursions and then wonder why they are shut out of the popular trips.
I believe at least one of the frequent cruiser clubs tells you that they will give waitlist priority to their previous cruisers on sold out cruisers. Fair? Depends on whether or not you are a repeat cruiser.
Book early and you will not have to worry about the problem.
Old September 24th, 2002, 11:08 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

With Princess you can book your excursions online, and you don't have to be a Captain's Circle member to do so.
Once you've booked, you have no worries about getting bumped.

Old September 24th, 2002, 04:31 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Kris,
I've pre-book lots of excursions, and once you have a conformation, you are set. Only one time our excursion was cancelled, and that was due to weather conditions. I have never heard that a "new" cruiser would get bumped like that??

Message Boards Moderator
Old September 24th, 2002, 07:18 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: First timers lose?

Thanks all of you. Maybe the person that happened to was involved in a misunderstanding or did book late. I am signing up online and booking early. I am now having a difficult time choosing though. They all sound great and there is a wonderful variety. I'll decide soon. Thanks.

Kris
Old September 24th, 2002, 07:40 PM
TipsEveryone!

I read in the "Cruise Answer Book" (or the Shore Excursion Booklet, maybe?) that most Princess shore excursions do not have a capacity limit. So, it would seem that unless one missed the deadline, being "booted" from a shore excursion would be almost a non-issue.
Old October 8th, 2002, 04:13 PM
Kari

Kris, do not fear. Their is a real good Shore Trip web site that arranges tours for you at about half of what the cruise lines want. I have used them several times and they are great. www.shoretrips.com Try them out you will not be disappointed!

Kari