Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Shore Excursions
Register Forgot Password?

Shore Excursions Snorkeling, SCUBA, sightseeing - discuss ports and activities

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 2nd, 2002, 08:22 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Overwhelmed

I am absolutely overwhelmed with the choices in my Shore Excursion booklet for my Southern Caribbean cruise. Every time I think I've made a decision, I change my mind. How can I possibly know what I want to do in 2 months on an island I've never been to? I want time to discover the town on foot and perhaps sleep in on some islands and not rush off every day. Then there are things I don't want to miss, but there may be more than one thing that appeals to me. How do people decide this stuff?

Kris
Sponsored Links
Old October 3rd, 2002, 09:10 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Overwhelmed

Kris,
I know exactly what you mean, you will just have to pick and choose and do some homework, decide the things you really want to do. Since I too like to explore the town and do some shopping, I just do 1 shore excursion at each stop and still have some "free" time to do what ever.

Just booked a cruise for Feb. on Radiance of the Seas, also southern itinary and haven't even looked at that stuff yet, YiIKES, I can just imagine. So, what ship and when are you going?

Message Boards Moderator
Old October 3rd, 2002, 11:45 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Overwhelmed

I am going on Dawn Princess on November 30 to St Thomas, Dominica, Barbados, Isla Margarita and Curacao. I have already decided to just stay on board at Isla Margarita. I'll have to decide this weekend for the rest of them.

Kris
Old October 4th, 2002, 08:00 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Re: Re: Overwhelmed

Hi Kris,
Good idea about Isle Margarita, really nothing much there, unless you do a tour. There is a very shallow beach area by the pier and since you have to tender, I'd just stay onboard and enjoy the ship.

Message Boards Moderator
Old October 6th, 2002, 02:11 PM
Kathyc

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Overwhelmed

When we first visited Margarita Island we hired a taxi for the day and shared expenses with another couple we met on our cruise. We had him take us to several different beaches for the day. We loved Playa Agua. It had a huge sandy beach, great surf to play in, and bar/restaurants. There are licensed vendors who are selling pearls [pretty cheaply] and they will light them with a cigarette lighter to prove they are not plastic but genuine pearls. You can rent beach chairs for a few dollars also. The next cruise we just took the shore excursion back to that beach and had more time back onboard the ship.. Try this for more info about the island. [http://margaritaislandguide.com/index.htm]