Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Shore Excursions
Register Forgot Password?

Shore Excursions Snorkeling, SCUBA, sightseeing - discuss ports and activities

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 9th, 2002, 11:25 AM
ChicagoGirl

Default Grand cayman and Ocho Rios

Hi.

Im taking my mom on her first cruise for her bday in december, were sailing the Imagination.. Can anybody recommend some cool shore excursions. I dive but my mother doesnt. My biggest concern is getting back to the ship in time.......i know paranoid but ive heard some horror stories. Also i would like to dive and get in some shopping in grand cayman but i dont know if there is enough time, we are only there from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Any help with either destination would be awesome.....thanx in advance......

First Timers.....
Sponsored Links
Old October 9th, 2002, 10:55 PM
ss

Default Re: Grand cayman and Ocho Rios

A great thing to do in Grand Cayman is go to stingray city. You don't need to be able to dive -- you are on a sand bar. The rays are amazing!!!!
Old October 16th, 2002, 08:39 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Grand cayman and Ocho Rios

CG: There are really TWO areas where the Stingrays gather. One is at the original Stingray City, 12-20 foot dive. The other is the Sandbar, where most of the snorkel tour boats go. A snorkeler can also enjoy Stingray City as the depth is shallow enough.

Do a search for dive ops in GC. Don Foster's is a BIG one. But there are smaller, more flexible ones as well.

If none of the times work out for your dive through the dive ops, go with the ship's excursion. That way you won't have to worry about getting back to the ship on time.
<http://www.cayman.org/divesite/stingray.htm>
<http://www.caymanvacations.com/indexmenu.htm?general/diveoperators.htm&2>
Old October 19th, 2002, 12:34 PM
Kari

Check ou www.shoretrips.com their prices are half of what the cruise lines want.
Old October 27th, 2002, 06:20 PM
JayJay

Chech out
Excursions for Imagination to get info on independent trips that will fit into your schedule