Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Shore Excursions
Register Forgot Password?

Shore Excursions Snorkeling, SCUBA, sightseeing - discuss ports and activities

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 23rd, 2002, 11:47 PM
MR DOOWOP

Default DOLPHIN ENCOUNTER & TURTLE FARM IN COZUMEL

.........MY WIFE & I ARE INTERESTED IN " DOING " BOTH THE DOLPHIN ENCOUNTER & TURTLE FARM IN COZUMEL & ARE INTERESTED IN HEARING FROM OTHERS WHO HAVE TAKE THESE EXCURSIONS ? WHERE DID YOU BOOK THE EXCURSIONS( WE WILL BE ON THE NCL SUN WHICH I BELIEVE OFFERS THE DOLPHIN ENCOUNTER ) ? DID YOU ENJOY THE EXCURSIONS ? DID YOU HAVE ENOUGH TIME TO DO BOTH OF THESE EXCURSIONS ? HOW DID YOU GET TO & FROM THE EXCURSIONS ( ARE THEY FAR APART ) IS IT BEST TO BOOK THE DOLPHIN ENCOUNTER ON THE SHIP ( SUN ) OR ON OUR OWN ? THANK YOU
Sponsored Links
Old October 24th, 2002, 08:46 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: DOLPHIN ENCOUNTER & TURTLE FARM IN COZUMEL

Mr. Doowop,
The dolphin swim is on my list whenever I get back there. You can pre-book this independently if you want, here is the link to their web-site:

http://www.dolphindiscovery.com/

Sorry, but have not heard about the other excursion there, you do need to check and make sure you do have enough time to do both :-)

Enjoy Cozumel and may-be have some extra time to stop in at Carlos and Charlies for a good time!

Message Boards Moderator
Old October 24th, 2002, 07:14 PM
MEMC

Default Re: Re: DOLPHIN ENCOUNTER & TURTLE FARM IN COZUMEL

As far as I know, the turtle farm is in Grand Cayman. Could you have these confused? My niece is planning to do the Dolphin Encounter on our Xmas cruise on the Victory. My husband and I will watch. Then we will snorkel at Chankanaab Park (that's where the dolphins are) and take in the park's botanical gardens and iguanas. Also there is a sealion show here. If you have time before or after the dolphins and the park, you have to do SOME shopping. We are also tracking down the mini-golf course downtown as we are in Cozumel until midnite. Have fun. Stay happy and healthy. Marianne
Old November 3rd, 2002, 12:10 AM
Bill568

Default Re: Re: Re: DOLPHIN ENCOUNTER & TURTLE FARM IN COZUMEL

Turtles are in Grand Caymen,UGH, most inhumane if thats the word. Dolphins in cozumel is greaaat,especially if you do the one that SWIMS with them not just touch them.
Old November 8th, 2002, 08:31 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: DOLPHIN ENCOUNTER & TURTLE FARM IN COZUM

There's a difference between DOLPHIN ENCOUNTER and SWIM WITH THE DOLPHINS. We did the ENCOUNTER, which was fun and interesting and entertaining, and we did get to touch and kiss a dolphin and had photos taken (this cost extra). Next time I'd like to try the swim... Have fun!
Old November 28th, 2002, 10:59 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: DOLPHIN ENCOUNTER & TURTLE FARM IN COZUMEL

I did the dolphin swim in April while we were in Playa del Carmen. It was great!!!! I booked it over the internet. Use the website given above. You have to sign up and then fax some information back to them. it was all pretty easy. You can email them and they will email you back very quickly. good luck and enjoy
ally